Job Responsibilities : Specialist, Designer (Remote)
Salary : $50000 Per year
Company : Macy’s
Location : Remote US
Educational requirements : Bachelor Degree
Macy’s is proudly America’s Department Store. For more than 160 years Macy’s has served generations at every stage of their lives. Our customers come to us for fashion value and celebration.
Macy’s Marketing delivers a healthy profitable customer franchise that is growing through engagement and acquisition. Our team leads strategic initiatives such as personalization and monetization as well as our Star Rewards Loyalty program.
Take the helm of one of the world’s most beloved brands and help bring it to life for our customers. As part of our team you’ll own guide and direct marketing efforts motivating our customers to strengthen their relationship with our brand. Constantly creating innovating and exploring the new you’ll drive customer engagement and loyalty while sparking excitement.
As an Advertising Designer on the Brand Authority team you’ll build lifetime love for the Macy’s brand through an ongoing conversation with customers an exciting blend of fashion home & gift inspiration with rational benefits like price services & perks. You’ll bring this value proposition to life in communications designed with intentional peaks and valleys push/pull loud/soft expressions to keep it fresh across all types of media & digital content. You’re curious innovative and a strong conceptual thinker who thrives on collaboration healthy debate and the occasional thrill of taking the world by surprise.
Reporting to the Creative Director Brand Authority you’ll work primarily with partners in the Creative Digital Experience Marketing Activation Comms Planning Project Management & Photo Studio teams.
- Develops digital & print advertising & video content that meets brand identity guidelines reflects design and fashion trends and is grounded in an ongoing awareness of our competition
- Evaluates creative briefs to ensure clarity and alignment on direction before work begins
- Collaborates with copywriters and other creatives to develop campaign and project concepts that meet creative brief objectives
- Researches with enthusiasm to bring innovation into all solutions from new fashion and promotional ideas to new digital content and experiences
- Photo art directs for still shoots
- Combines a deep understanding of design systems grids color typography and photography to deliver clear and powerful messages
- Creates presentations that effectively articulate and inspire support for ideas
- Plans prioritizes and produces a high volume of work – takes ownership from start to finish
- Edits photography that’s best for the context and reflects our customers’ diversity
- Meets deadlines and proactively communicates status of projects to partners and leaders
- Inspires others through an innovative approach to design ideation & ways of working
- Brings energy and enthusiasm to the team through participation in celebrations peer mentoring volunteering and fundraising events
Qualifications and Competencies:
- 4 Year / Bachelors Degree
- 3-5 years related experience
- 2-4 years of experience in advertising design or related design discipline
- Portfolio demonstrating design and advertising communications proficiency
- Retail experience preferred but not required
- Excellent communication skills
- Works independently quickly and iteratively
- Strong organizational planning prioritizing and problem-solving skills
- Proactive detail oriented and always follows through
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite – XD InDesign Photoshop Illustrator
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs – Outlook Teams Powerpoint Word
- Photo art direction experience
- Practices open and continuous communication values keeping others informed effectively presenting information in a clear concise manner.
- Excellent leadership facilitation and interpersonal skills with the ability to work across functional lines and at many levels.
- Ability to think creatively strategically and technically
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and Company needs.
- Knowledge of MS Office computer programs are required