Job Responsibilities : Solution Designer I
Salary : $94700 per year
Company : Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Kansas City
Location : Remote US
Job Description Summary :
The Solution Designer I gathers and analyzes requirements to solve basic problems and evaluates simple scenarios to create solutions. This individual develops a deep understanding of a technical system and serves as a liaison between business and technology teams to provide future outcomes and support decisions.
- Assists in designing documenting and evaluating information system solutions considering functionality data security integration infrastructure and performance.
- Translates business needs into a high-level functional design of the system; documents the design in the form of user stories.
- Identifies solution gaps and makes future state proposals.
- Articulates business needs to development staff.
- Provides low-fidelity mock-ups of functional designs.
- Ensures traceability from the requirements to the test plans that validate them.
- Assists the IT testing team with planning and coordination of user acceptance with stakeholders. Works closely with the IT testing team to ensure a smooth testing process. Provides input to the IT testing team on various testing scenarios and test data preparations.
- Participates in regular demonstrations to both IT and business stakeholders. Provides subject matter expertise on given solutions.
- Provides guidance to user community on best utilization of solutions to meet their needs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science Information Systems or a related field or an equivalent combination of education training and experience.
- Experience using SQL to query data from a database; basic understanding of types of joins and join criteria.
- Ability to obtain user requirements and translate into technical solutions.
- Ability to explain technical concepts to lay audiences.
- 1+ years’ experience gathering requirements and performing functional design.
- 1+ years’ experience using moderate to advanced SQL.
- Basic understanding of the software development life cycle.
- Experience in healthcare or the insurance industry.
- Good high-level understanding of application architecture.
- Experience working in both Waterfall and Agile environments.