Job Responsibilities : Solution Architect – Remote
Salary : $170000 per year
Company : Allstate
Location : Remote US
Educational requirements : Graduate
The world isn’t standing still and neither is Allstate. We’re moving quickly looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers’ evolving needs. That’s why now is an exciting time to join our team. You’ll have opportunities to take risks challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards – a place where values such as integrity inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication telematics digital photo claims and more recently device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.
TIMINGS: Monday-Friday 8:00 AM -5:00 PM Eastern Time
Allstate Benefits is a leading provider of voluntary insurance. We are committed to providing superior products and services with cutting edge technology exceptional customer service and compassionate claims administration. With over 40000 groups in force and insuring more than 3 million employees we deliver the promise of the Good Hands every day!
Allstate Benefits is recruiting a Solution Architect that serves as an expert in IT systems architecture undertaking complex projects requiring additional specialized technical knowledge. The Architect interacts with business and IT leadership and makes decisions on complex or ambiguous architecture issues coordinating with domain architects and delivery managers to ensure adherence to the Allstate Target State Architecture. Also ensures that solutions are scalable and robust.
The Solution Architect will work with many departments and systems to create business solutions bringing together business requirements with innovative technologies and guide the strategic solution through to implementation. The candidate should bring in top-level skills in enterprise systems and collaboration to help development teams transform technical debt into innovation opportunities. The ideal candidate will have a broad range of knowledge but also be able to become an expert in key areas.
- Develop reusable patterns practices and reference architectures through research Proof of Concept builds and relationship with Allstate Enterprise Architects
- Ensure the application of TSA in the creation of business solutions through relationship with Allstate Enterprise
- Provide consultation to teams on the tactical application of reference architectures and the strategic direction of enterprise technology
- Interact with executive level leadership from Allstate business and technology communicate roadmaps towards the delivery of highly complex solutions
- Communicate technology strategy to leaders and knowledge workers via roadmaps conceptual diagrams and solution documents
- Hold summits with technologists and businesspeople to identify opportunities for innovation
- Using independent research and analysis of industry and technology trends provide actionable ideas for innovation and business capability development
- Help drive Allstate Benefits’ Transformation Program and communicate technology strategy to leaders and knowledge workers via architecture runway roadmaps conceptual diagrams and solution documents
- Drive change from within IT through communication with teams regarding processes standards and culture
- Support vendor selection and analysis process by evaluating vendor architecture’s fit within the Allstate ecosystem and Target State Architecture
- College Degree with technical study or equivalent experience
- 7+ years technical experience in architecture/design
- Excellent communication skills are a must.
- Experienced with Web Service (SOA Rest Micro)
- Experienced developing applications using Java a must! Nice to have would be .NET Core Node JS React Go and/or Scala
- Experience with Cloud Technologies including CaaS SaaS PCF (Pivotal Cloud Foundry) as part of solution design
- Experience refactoring and/or re-platforming applications to run in AWS or Azure cloud environment
- Experience and knowledge in Microservices Web and API including security authentication authorization OAuth OWASP OpenID and SAML
- Experience with No SQL technologies such as MongoDB and Hadoop
- Experience working with distributed technologies:
- Integration and Design Patterns
- Messaging interfaces (MQ JMS)
- Messaging interfaces (Kafka)
- Business Process Modeling
- Large scale Digital Transformation Program experience
- Benefits/Insurance Industry Experience
Compensation range for this position is $96500-$170000per year based on experience and qualifications.
Additional up to 10% yearly bonus potential
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance medical and dental insurance as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life – including a generous paid time off policy. For a full description of Allstate’s benefits visit allstate.jobs/benefits/
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter Facebook Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1 2014 under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242 it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco please click “here” for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles please click “here” for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry age color disability genetic information gender gender identity gender expression sexual and reproductive health decision marital status medical condition military or veteran status national origin race (include traits historically associated with race including but not limited to hair texture and protective hairstyles) religion (including religious dress) sex or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee’s terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship including but not limited to hiring training salary administration promotion job assignment benefits discipline and separation of employment.