Job Responsibilities : Software Support Specialist (1st/2nd/3rd Shift)
Salary : $16 per hour
Company : Bastian Solutions
Location : Remote US
Educational requirements : Associate Degree
This is a customer facing position, so this individual must have strong communication and customer service skills. Our team remotely supports distribution environments all around the globe to resolve issues and minimize the impact to production.
Our team troubleshoots both software and hardware issues. As a Support Specialist you will find yourself troubleshooting in-house applications, 3rd party applications, data mining, writing, and working with complex queries, database management, indexing, and potentially promoting a software fix.
You will be able to take pride in your work and be personally responsible for keep our customers multi-million dollar operations running smoothly.
- Demonstrate superior customer service (as measured by our customers: surveys and satisfaction from support renewals).
- Perform QA functions for any issue resolution from support calls.
- Develop Reports using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Create datasets to analyze and recreate issues reported by customers.
- Ability to look through database log files to troubleshoot software issues.
- Track and thoroughly document all customer issues in our ticketing system.
- As issues are reported from customers diagnose if the issue is a change or a bug then communicate issues to the analyst, development staff, or sales consultant appropriately.
- Understanding of the software development lifecycle (SDLC) as you will be interacting with various developers, analysts, and project managers.
- Facilitate positive proactive working relationships with customers and internal resources.
- Performs visits to customer sites to perform any preventative maintenance that can increase the stability and control of the Exacta software (Proprietary Software).
- Implement and improve remote monitoring tools for our customer’s systems.
- Utilization of the Support Knowledgebase and Ticketing System to troubleshoot issues.
- Routinely log into client databases for data analysis and troubleshooting.
- Resolve application issues with minimal escalations to higher tiers.
- Manage conference calls with key stakeholders.
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot C# code.
- Ability to dissect stored procedures.
- (2x) Sunday to Thursday (7 AM – 4 PM EST) or (8 AM to 5 PM EST)
- (2x) Tuesday to Saturday (3 PM to 12 AM EST) or Wednesday to Saturday (1 PM EST to 12 AM EST) (Eligible for 5% shift differential)
- (1x) Sunday to Thursday (3 PM to 12 AM EST) or Sunday to Wednesday (1 PM EST to 12 AM EST) (Eligible for 5% shift differential)
- (1x) Sunday to Thursday ( 11PM to 8AM EST)
- 15% overnight travel (Travel expenses paid by Bastian Solutions)
Preferred Skills And Required Qualifications
- Associates Degree require OR relevant work experience; Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Strong computer skills including: Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, and various Databases (SQL Server and Oracle). Classroom experience with Databases OK
- Previous customer service role is strongly preferred
- Excellent customer service skills. Remain positive and calm under pressure.
- Excellent troubleshooting abilities and analytical skills.
- Ability to write and understand SQL Queries.
- Superior oral and written communication skills.
- Must be eligible to work in the USA long term without sponsorship.
To learn more about us, click here –
About Bastian Solutions
Bastian Solutions, a Toyota Advanced Logistics company, is an independent material handling and robotics system integrator providing automated solutions for distribution, manufacturing, and order fulfillment centers around the world. Our team specializes in consulting, system design, project management, maintenance, and installation, while sourcing the best equipment and automation technology. We take great pride in providing exceptional service and flexibility to our customers.
In addition to exciting work at a growing company, we offer the following benefits:
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with a company match
- Vacation/Holiday Pay
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Flexible Work Schedules
- Volunteer Work
- Professional Associations, Conferences and Subscriptions
- Company Meetings & Events
Bastian Solutions does not work outside recruiting agencies. No solicitation phone calls please.