Job Responsibilities : Software Engineer (Remote)
Salary : $130000 per year
Company : Home Depot / THD
Location : Remote US
The Software Engineer is responsible for assisting in developing and designing a product that Home Depot customers and associates will love. As a Software Engineer you will be part of a dynamic team with engineers of all experience levels who help each other build and grow technical and leadership skills while creating deploying and supporting production applications. In addition Software Engineers may be involved in product configuration security resilience performance tuning and production monitoring.
- 60% Delivers and Executes – Assists in developing testing deploying and maintaining software; Follows best practices established by the organization and participates in improvement conversations; Consistently helps the team achieve results even under tough circumstances
- 20% Learns and Grows – Learns through successful and failed experiment when tackling new problems; Actively seeks ways to grow and be challenged using both formal and informal development channels
- 20% Plans and Aligns – Builds partnerships and works collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives; Collaborates with other team members in agile processes; Relates openly and comfortably with diverse groups of people
Direct Manager/Direct Reports:
- This position typically reports to Software Engineer Manager or Sr. Manager
- This position has 0 Direct Reports
- No travel required.
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Must be eighteen years of age or older.
- Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
- Exposure to an object-oriented programming language (preferably Java)
- Exposure to source code version control
- Exposure to Relational or noSQL database technology
- Exposure to cloud computing techniques
- Exposure to CI/CD tools
- Exposure to microservice-based architecture
- The knowledge skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor’s degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
- No additional education
Minimum Years of Work Experience:
Preferred Years of Work Experience:
- No additional years of experience
Minimum Leadership Experience:
Preferred Leadership Experience:
- Global Perspective
- Manages Ambiguity
- Nimble Learning
- Cultivates Innovation
- Situational Adaptability
- Communicates Effectively
- Drives Results
- Interpersonal Savvy