Job Responsibilities : Software Engineer – Junior Level (Noblr)
Salary : $79204 per year
Company : USAA
Location : Remote US
Purpose of Job
We are currently seeking a talented Software Engineer – Junior Level (Noblr) for our location in Austin Texas. This role can also be performed in a 100% remote work environment.
Join the team that’s helping better drivers to earn better car insurance rates. Noblr now a USAA company is smart app-powered car insurance that empowers its members to personalize their monthly car insurance rates using their smartphones. Our members log their trips with the Noblr app get driving insights that help them continuously improve and earn rewards for responsible driving. Our goal is to build a safe-driving community through responsible driving.
Within defined guidelines and framework provides support to the Enterprise through delivering best in class technology solutions. Engaged in all phases of the software systems and application development lifecycle which include gathering and analyzing requirements designing testing documenting and implementing software responding to outages.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are effectively identified measured monitored and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies standards and procedures for business activities.
- Design develop code and test technical solutions
- Write code to deliver features and improvements on a regular basis
- Investigates and resolve technical problems and production issues through troubleshooting techniques
- Continually improves operations by conducting systems analysis and recommending changes in policies and procedures.
- Prepares and installs solutions by determining and designing system specifications standards and programming.
- Follows the software development lifecycle.
- Bachelor’s degree OR 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required OR certification from CodeUp Galvenize VetFIT or eFIT.
- 2 years of software development experience specific to a discipline/technology.
- 1 year of experience delivering technology solutions in all phases of the software systems and application development lifecycle.
- Knowledge and understanding of troubleshooting applications and systems within production issues.
- Ability to quickly understand applicable business acumen to provide appropriate Engineering solutions
- Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
- 1+ years of experience in a role where your main responsibility supported front end web development
- 1+ years of experience in a role where React or React Native was used extensively in your day to day tasks
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market position. The salary range for this position is: $72900 – $131400 *(this does not include geographic differential it may be applied based on your work location). Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
- Geographical Differential: Geographic pay differential is additional pay provided to eligible employees working in locations where market pay levels are above the national average. Shift Premium will be addressed on an individual-basis for applicable roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core hours.
At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical financial and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical dental and vision plans 401(k) pension life insurance parental benefits adoption assistance paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours and various wellness programs. Additionally our career path planning and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals. Please visit USAA Total Rewards for more details.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
USAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race color religion sex sexual orientation gender identity national origin disability or status as a protected veteran.