Job Responsibilities : Software Engineer III, Engineering Productivity, Subscription Services
Salary : $120900 per year
Company : Google
Location : Remote US
In-office locations: Mountain View CA U.S..
Remote location(s): United States.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 2 years of experience with software development in one or more programming languages or 1 year of experience with an advanced degree.
- 2 years of experience with data structures or algorithms.
- Master’s degree or PhD in Computer Science or related technical fields.
- 2 years of experience building developer tools that improve developer velocity code quality and code health (e.g. compilers automated releases code design and testing test automation frameworks).
- Experience developing accessible technologies.
About the job
Google’s software engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how billions of users connect explore and interact with information and one another. Our products need to handle information at massive scale and extend well beyond web search. We’re looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas including information retrieval distributed computing large-scale system design networking and data storage security artificial intelligence natural language processing UI design and mobile; the list goes on and is growing every day. As a software engineer you will work on a specific project critical to Google’s needs with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. We need our engineers to be versatile display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
With your technical expertise you will manage project priorities deadlines and deliverables. You will design develop test deploy maintain and enhance software solutions.
Google is an engineering company at heart. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to take on some of technology’s greatest challenges and make an impact on users around the world. At Google engineers not only revolutionize search they routinely work on scalability and storage solutions large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From Google Ads to Chrome Android to YouTube social to local Google engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.
(Colorado only*) Minimum full-time salary range between $142000 – $153000 + bonus + equity + benefits. *Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20) of the minimum salary compensation for this role when being hired into our offices in Colorado.
- Write product or system development code.
- Participate in or lead design reviews with peers and stakeholders to decide amongst available technologies.
- Review code developed by other developers and provide feedback to ensure best practices (e.g. style guidelines checking code in accuracy testability and efficiency).
- Contribute to existing documentation or educational content and adapt content based on product/program updates and user feedback.
- Triage product or system issues and debug/track/resolve by analyzing the sources of issues and the impact on hardware network or service operations and quality.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race color ancestry religion sex national origin sexual orientation age citizenship marital status disability gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories consistent with legal requirements. See also Google’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form.