Job Responsibilities : Software Development Engineer, Amazon US
Salary : $194400 per year
Company : Amazon.com Services LLC
Location : Remote US
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the system design or architecture (architecture design patterns reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Programming experience with at least one software programming language.
Amazon is looking for a Software Development Engineer to join an exciting new project team working to build a completely new best in class consumer product. We are an innovative cross-platform customer-obsessed team working on big-bets in an innovative environment. Our organization rewards intellectual curiosity while maintaining the direct to market product focus. Our mission is to invent and simplify large-scale solutions and bring the future to Amazon customers.
Are you ready to challenge yourself in our collaborative atmosphere and watch yourself grow at Amazon? As a Software Development Engineer at Amazon you will develop and scale our services and improve our customer experience across the globe. You will influence the way services are developed provide best practices guidance and architecture feedback.
WHO WE ARE
- A group of technologists from diverse backgrounds
- We obsess over our customer’s needs and experience
- Owners. We love building new innovative technologies and improving our existing ones
- We wear multiple hats. We enjoy the prototyping and tinkering stages as well as the rigor of making solutions production-ready.
- Innovative agile and collaborative
WHO YOU ARE
- Enjoy seeing the impact your work has on your customers
- Are comfortable in an agile environment and create order from ambiguity
- Take ownership and do whatever it takes to get the job done
- Use data to make decisions and validate assumptions
- Learn from others and help grow those in your team to achieve their best
Key job responsibilities
- Collaborate with experienced cross-disciplinary Amazonians to conceive design and bring innovative products and services to market.
- Design and build innovative technologies in a large distributed computing environment and help lead fundamental changes in the industry.
- Create solutions to run predictions on distributed systems with exposure to innovative technologies at incredible scale and speed.
- Build distributed storage index and query systems that are scalable fault-tolerant low cost and easy to manage/use.
- Design and code the right solutions starting with broadly defined problems.
- Work in an agile environment to deliver high-quality software.
- Previous technical internship(s).
- Experience with distributed multi-tiered systems algorithms and relational databases.
- Experience in optimization mathematics such as linear programming and nonlinear optimization.
- Effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions.
- Adept at handling ambiguous or undefined problems as well as ability to think abstractly.
The pay range for this position in Colorado is $143700 – $194400/yr; however base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge skills and experience. A sign-on payment and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package in addition to a full range of medical financial and/or other benefits dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race national origin gender gender identity sexual orientation protected veteran status disability age or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Workers in New York City who perform in-person work or interact with the public in the course of business must show proof they have been fully vaccinated against COVID or request and receive approval for a reasonable accommodation including medical or religious accommodation.