Job Responsibilities : Talent Sourcer (Remote, Americas)
Salary : $17 per hour
Company : Shopify
Location : Remote US
Requirements for the Role
- Experience with talent sourcing as a craft. You understand that this is not a bandaid or a quick fix sort of role. You’ve lived the experience tried out the hacks and unearthed the candidates no one knew about.
- Curiosity about people and their motivations. You want to know not just what people do but why they do it.
- Constant prioritization and a sense of urgency. You know how to work with multiple competing priorities to shift focus as needs or requirements change and to manage the expectations of those you work with.
- Technical fluency. You have a deep appreciation for the ways technology makes work better and are comfortable learning/using different tools to accomplish a goal.
- Solid communication skills. You understand the importance of keeping people apprised of search status by communicating along the way. You’re also keen and comfortable reaching out to and chatting with executive level talent to learn more about what they do and to entice them further by sharing relevant information with them about Shopify.
- Dedication to building diverse teams. You understand that a diverse team outperforms a homogeneous team and that it takes active work to build a diverse pool of candidates.
- Comfort with autonomy. You know that you don’t have all the answers but you are pretty sure that you can find them. You enjoy the freedom of self-directed work and relish the chance to figure things out for yourself. The prospect of working digital by design is exciting to you.
- Mentoring teammates on new ways to deepen their technical craft.
- Keeping a pulse on upcoming Shopify product changes or launches to inform your work.
- Researching future Shopify employees using LinkedIn Twitter Google OSINT News Sources Professional and Social Networks Conferences etc.
- Coming up with and executing on creative ways to source and engage new candidates.
- Continually answering the question “who should we be reaching out to”.
- Projects related to improving the sourcing craft and commercial hiring at Shopify.