Job Responsibilities : Real Estate Manager
Salary : $71000 per year
Company : Sephora – San Francisco, CA 94105•Remote
Location : Remote US
Job ID: 213701
Location Name: FSC REMOTE SF/NY/DC -173(USA_0173)
Address: FSC San Francisco CA 94105 United States (US)
Job Type: Full Time
Position Type: Regular
Job Function: Real Estate/Prop Dev
Remote Eligible: Yes
Sephora has been changing the face of prestige cosmetics since its debut in 1970s Paris. Sephora was acquired by luxury group Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton (LVMH) in 1997 then launched stateside in 1998 and is currently home to 300+ world-class brands – including its private label Sephora Collection. Sephora’s curated assortment features more than 14000 products including makeup skincare perfume hair care body care professional tools and more.
In Sephora Americas we belong to something beautiful. With a continued focus on diversity equity and inclusion we seek ways to create a sense of belonging where people can be their authentic selves. We embrace our unique talents and are proud of the passionate community we’ve built. With leaders who listen and inspire everyone is encouraged to be their best. Reimagine your future with Sephora.
Under the direction of the Real Estate Director the Real Estate Manager will assist in developing and implementing Sephora’s Real Estate Strategy. The REM will utilize internal and external resources in assisting with the fulfillment of Sephora’s Real Estate Strategy which will include locating and acquiring approximately 15 new stores annually. In addition you will:
- Become thoroughly familiar with assigned markets to thoroughly analyze all relevant data (including financial traffic pattern and demographic data) on all prospective locations in assigned markets (8-10 states) including where expiring leases may exist.
- Work with local brokers to identify strong prospective non-mall locations and conduct negotiation of business terms for new stores within Sephora budgetary requirements including negotiating renewal terms for expiring leases may exist.
- In preparation for presenting recommendations to Real Estate Committee including both new locations and locations with expiring leases coordinate with cross-functional partners to obtain and prepare all information.
- Coordinate with Store Development regarding the layout of prospective locations and cost estimates for new store construction and the physical condition of new stores at turnover.
- Work with internal and outside counsel to negotiate the terms of all documents necessary for each new/renewing store including requirements around insurance and construction.
- Travel at various times including new and existing markets various national and regional ICSC shows and other business-related meetings.
- Demonstrate our Sephora values of Passion for Client Service Innovation Expertise Balance Respect for All Teamwork and Initiative.
We’re excited about you if you have:
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in acquiring specialty retail real estate locations
- Proven ability to conduct successful negotiations of both business terms and legal documentation
- Strong ability to analyze financial and demographic data
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including the ability to clearly explain site-selection decisions to Sephora management
- Strong relationships with national and regional mall lifestyle and power center developers
- Strong relationships with local brokers in select major US markets
- Previous experience in mall-related real estate is required
- Ability to travel as required (approximately 50% to 60% of each month)
- University degree or equivalent experience
- Internal candidates must have prior retail real estate experience
While at Sephora you’ll enjoy…
- Meaningful Rewards: Sephora offers comprehensive medical benefits generous vacation and holiday time off an employee discount free beauty product gifts from brand partners and so much more. Details about our company benefits can be found at the following link: https://jobs.sephora.com/USA/content/Our-Perks/?locale=en_US.
- Diversity Inclusion & Belonging: We pledge to create a beauty community where everyone’s uniqueness is celebrated respected and honored. We will drive diversity equity and inclusion in all aspects of our business—ensuring that our employees brand partners suppliers and our clients feel a sense of belonging in store online and in our workplaces. We believe in demonstrating our values with action!
- Beauty & Beyond: Every day we reimagine beauty discover new brands and influence positive change. Together we inspire our clients empower people and help them become the best versions of themselves. We think this is beautiful.
- Endless Evolution: You will learn with innovators artists and experts in every field. As our business evolves so will you. Here you’re empowered to choose your own path accelerate your growth and be your best. As part of our family and the LVMH community your options are endless.
- Creativity Unleashed: At Sephora you’re encouraged to explore innovate and have funwhile working with diverse clients teams and leaders. You won’t just partner with iconic brands; you’ll help build them. We value your curiosity your drive for success and the emotional connections you make. Together we’re defining the future of beauty.
- Bold Authenticity: Being bold and different has made us a global beauty and retail leader. At Sephora we celebrate diversity embrace your unique and winning spirit and believe that real beauty is being authentically you.You are what sets us apart.
As a condition of employment Sephora requires all newly hired employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date unless they have requested and received an exemption due to a qualifying medical condition a sincerely held religious belief or practice or a requirement by law.
Sephora is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis ofrace religion color national origin ancestry citizenship gender gender identity sexual orientation age marital status military/veteran status or disability status. Sephora is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.
Sephora will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.