Job Responsibilities : SEO Content Specialist
Salary : $45,000 – $55,000 a year
Company : Valve and Meter
Location : Indianapolis, IN 46256 US
We’ve named our practice Valve+Meter because the variables we can manage with you are the flow and cost of new business. The valve part of our approach manages the right rate of new business for your operation and we set our pricing with you not based on the activities we pursue but on the metered results we generate.
We exist to change the way businesses approach marketing by delivering abundance and accountability with a customer cost per acquisition strategy.
We inspire businesses to look at marketing as a revenue center rather than a cost center.
- Think: Focus. Find a way forward.
- Love: Act in the long-term best interest of another.
- Serve: Meet expectations. Go the extra mile.
- Transform: Create dramatic change. Be irreplaceable.
- Be Just: Be fair and transparent. Do no harm.
In a Nutshell
Valve+Meter is in search of a SEO Content Specialist . The SEO Content Specialist is responsible for creating and improving online content for search engine optimization. This role is responsible for evaluating client business objectives and digital marketing goals to deliver search engine optimized content by performing transactional keyword research writing new content updating existing content performing content audits and other on-page SEO efforts. This role ensures our clients increase their search visibility through our SEO content tactics.
Why this Role is Important
The SEO Content Specialist will be one of our two in-house content creators and strategists. You will do a lot of writing but it’s not the word count that is important. It’s the ability to write compelling and engaging content that is SEO friendly and can drive online prospects to convert. You will uncover the keywords necessary to write for a very specific target audience found by performing the keyword research and the necessary on-page SEO tactics to earn a Google page one ranking.
What Valve+Meter Offers
- Competitive Base Salary: $45000 to $55000
- Performance-Based Incentive Structure
- Profit Sharing Bonus
- Excellent Benefits Package Including:
- Medical Dental and Vision
- 401(k) Match
- Company-Paid Life Insurance Policy
- YMCA Membership Assistance
- Three Weeks of Paid Time Off
- Ten Paid Holidays
- Two Paid Service Days
- Casual Dress Code
- Pet Friendly Office (temporarily on hiatus)
- Alcohol Permitted Onsite
- Environment for Fast Career Growth
- Currently Offer Remote Work Option (potential for long-term option)
What the Role Is
- Each V+M employee must represent our core values in each interaction
- Our office is located in the Fort Ben Area of Indianapolis; all employees work from that location (outside global pandemics)
- This role reports to the Director of Digital Strategy
- Optimize existing copy and create new copy for websites and landing pages for search engine optimization
- Perform ongoing keyword research and discovery expansion and optimization
- Research and implement search engine optimization on the website
- Recommend changes to website content linking and other factors to improve SEO positions for target keywords
- Work with editorial and marketing teams to drive SEO in content strategy and creation
- Research and analyze competitor content and links
- Report on keyword ranking and organic traffic performance during and after optimizations
- Create content to motivate inspire educate inform and sell across a wide variety of digital platforms
- Write numerous pieces of content for websites blogs social media posts/campaigns email campaigns e-books whitepapers and more every month. In the future maybe videos podcasts and more
- Perform competitive keyword research to see where our clients are falling behind and create a content plan to get them leapfrogging their competitors
- Create content calendars and execute content strategies to improve important metrics such as: bounce rate time on page time on site organic keyword ranking conversion rate return on marketing spend cost per customer cost per lead among others.
- Layout publish and edit content across various digital platforms including WordPress and social media tools
- Provide support for blog audits determining what posts should be optimized which ones should be killed and redirected solidify internal linking and identify content gaps we should fill first
- Running reports in Google Analytics Search Console Moz SpyFu Ahrefs Screaming Frog and other tools to identify content issues and opportunities
- Keep up to date on latest Search trends algorithm updates and industry changes
- Strong research skills
- A solid understanding of SEO
- Organizational skills
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to communicate in-person and online
- Editing editing and more editing
What the Role Is Not
- Digital Marketer – Writing for SEO is just one element to helping make a website perform. You make sure the copy helps the website convert.
- Web Developer – You don’t need to write code but some basic HTML wouldn’t hurt.
- Graphic Marketer – No video production podcast editing or graphic design involved in this role.
How to Apply
Submit your resume along with a cover letter. In that cover letter include who your favorite SEO professional is to follow online.
- Productivity Suite: Google G Suite
- Video Conference: Google Meet
- Project Management: Asana
- Time Tracking: Harvest
- Instant Messaging: Slack
- CRM: Pipedrive
- Automation: Zapier
- Password Manager: 1Password
SEO Software & Tools
- Google Search Console
- Google Analytics
- Experience delivering results
- Bachelor’s degree in English journalism communications or a related marketing field
- A minimum 1 year of professional work experience
- Experience utilizing content strategy methods (content audits SEO user research web analytics) to connect business goals with web content tactics (keyword research content production content optimization content calendars)
- Experience writing multiple blog posts or pages of web copy per week
- Performing on-page SEO tactics
- Experience working at a marketing agency
- Full time experience in the position
- Experience tracking time to specific clients and projects
- Experience with link building Google My Business and/or minor technical SEO experience