Job Responsibilities : Senior Software Development Engineer, Amazon Inspector
Salary : $122900 per year
Company : Amazon Dev Center U.S., Inc.
Location : Remote US
- 4+ years of professional software development experience
- 3+ years of programming experience with at least one software programming language
- 2+ years of experience contributing to the system design or architecture (architecture design patterns reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- Experience as a mentor tech lead OR leading an engineering team
- BS in Computer Science related field or equivalent work experience.
- 8+ years experience building production software systems.
- 5+ years of experience in distributed system design and algorithms
- Knowledge of software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle including coding standards code reviews source control management build processes testing and operations
- Computer Science fundamentals experience in data structures algorithm design problem solving and complexity analysis
Come and build the future with us. Our mission is to keep AWS customers safe and secure by helping them detect and remediate vulnerabilities at never before seen scale. Amazon Inspector helps AWS customers improve their security posture by continuously monitoring their cloud infrastructure and associated workloads against vulnerabilities and exposures. When it comes to security time is of the essence. Our goal is to help our customers quickly discover and remediate vulnerabilities that poses the greatest risk to their organization.
We are innovating new ways of building massively scalable and globally distributed security systems for assisting our customers with security and compliance. Security Services are crucial for long-term success of AWS and it is the future of AWS. We are rapidly expanding our team to meet our fast growing needs.
As a senior software engineer on the team you will:
- Work with other senior leaders on the team to build the technical strategy & architecture for a broad area
- Design & develop world-class software and services
- Mentor & grow engineers across the team leading by example and insisting on high standards
- Develop tools & processes to enable best-in-class operations for our service
This opportunity is suited for highly motivated and talented software engineers who want to apply and grow their technical depth and breadth while defining and driving a new customer features to improve their security posture. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit know how to deliver are deeply technical highly innovative and long for the opportunity to build pioneering solutions to challenging problems we want to talk to you.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. Most days our teams are either working from the Herndon or Arlington (HQ2) offices in Virginia but we’re also flexible to remote candidates. We generally keep core in-office hours from 10 am to 5 pm EST. About half of us come in earlier and the other half of us stay later.
This position involves on-call responsibilities typically for one week every two months. We don’t like getting paged in the middle of the night or on the weekend so we work to ensure that our systems are fault tolerant. When we do get paged we work together to resolve the root cause so that we don’t get paged for the same issue twice.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new team members. Our team has a broad mix of experience levels and Amazon tenures and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior engineers truly enjoy mentoring more junior engineers and engineers from non-traditional backgrounds through one-on-one mentoring and thorough but kind code reviews.
We care about your career growth. We try to assign projects and tasks based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Inclusive Team Culture
Our team is intentional about attracting developing and retaining amazing talent from diverse backgrounds. Yes we do get to build a really cool service but we also think a big reason for that is the inclusive and welcoming culture we try to cultivate every day. We’re looking for a new teammate who is enthusiastic empathetic curious motivated reliable and able to work effectively with a diverse team of peers; someone who will help us amplify the positive & inclusive team culture we’ve been building.
Here at AWS we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups reaching 40000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives learn and be curious and earn trust.
- Master’s degree in computer science or related field
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
- Working knowledge of networking fundamentals.
- Working experience with security products.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race national origin gender gender identity sexual orientation protected veteran status disability age or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Workers in New York City who perform in-person work or interact with the public in the course of business must show proof they have been fully vaccinated against COVID or request and receive approval for a reasonable accommodation including medical or religious accommodation.