Job Responsibilities : Senior IT Consultant: REMOTE
Salary : $106000 Per Year
Company : Kaiser Permanente
Location : Remote US
As a Senior IT Consultant you will lead and drive active collaboration across the organization to develop approach and solutions for TRO/enterprise-wide strategic initiatives based on leadership needs and customer requests. You will be required to demonstrate leadership skills to support critical thinking and communicate clearly. Core supportive skills are:
- Strategic skills – Proven ability to work in an ambiguous environment navigate through complex scenarios and coordinate with others to identify and propose solutions for decision making and path forward
- Training and awareness skills – Ability to develop training including relevant topics for different cybersecurity areas (i.e. phishing privileged access etc.)
- Project management skills – Proven ability to lead projects independently and provide early indication of risks and issues that impacts critical deadlines
- Communication skills – Proven ability to clearly articulate ideas and solutions to peers and leadership (verbal and written)
- Problem Solving skills – Ability to think creatively adapt to change and work in a self-directed manner to find new and innovative solutions to business challenges
This senior level individual contributor is primarily responsible for serving as the lead technical expert on project teams contributing to technical direction for varying technical solutions and ensuring IT systems are effectively utilized.
- Conducts or oversees business-specific projects by applying deep expertise in subject area; promoting adherence to all procedures and policies; developing work plans to meet business priorities and deadlines; determining and carrying out processes and methodologies; coordinating and delegating resources to accomplish organizational goals; partnering internally and externally to make effective business decisions; solving complex problems; escalating issues or risks as appropriate; monitoring progress and results; recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; evaluating recommendations made; and influencing the completion of project tasks by others.
- Practices self-leadership and promotes learning in others by building relationships with cross-functional stakeholders; communicating information and providing advice to drive projects forward; influencing team members within assigned unit; listening and responding to seeking and addressing performance feedback; adapting to competing demands and new responsibilities; providing feedback to others including upward feedback to leadership and mentoring junior team members; creating and executing plans to capitalize on strengths and improve opportunity areas; and adapting to and learning from change difficulties and feedback.
- Develops requirements or leads a team of IT consultants in the development of requirements for complex or specialized process or system solutions which may span multiple business domains by partnering with stakeholders and appropriate IT teams (for example Solutions Delivery Infrastructure Enterprise Architecture).
- Leverages multiple business requirements gathering methodologies to identify business functional and non-functional requirements (for example SMART) across the enterprise.
- Leads and oversees the development and documentation of comprehensive business cases to assess the costs benefits ROI and Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) of complex solution proposals.
- Provides insight guidance and recommendations throughout the evolution of applications systems and/or processes to a desired future state by maintaining and leveraging a comprehensive understanding of how current processes impact business operations across the enterprise.
- Maps current state against future state processes.
- Defines the impact of requirements on upstream and downstream solution components.
- Provides insight and influence to senior management and business leaders on how to integrate requirements with current systems and business processes across the enterprise.
- Reviews evaluates and prioritizes value gaps and opportunities for process enhancements or efficiencies.
- Influences solution design by providing insight and consultation at design sessions with IT teams to help translate requirements into workable business solutions.
- Recommends and advocates for additional data and/or services needed to address key business issues related to process or solutions design.
- Participates in evaluating third-party vendors as directed.
- Drives continuous process improvement by leading the development implementation and maintenance of standardized tools templates and processes across the enterprise.
- Recommends and advocates for regional and national process improvements which align with sustainable best practices and the strategic and tactical goals of the business.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration Computer Science CIS or related field and Minimum eight (8) years experience in IT consulting business analysis or a related field. Additional equivalent work experience may be substituted for the degree requirement.
- Four (4) years experience working for a health care organization
- Four (4) years experience working for an IT organization
- Three (3) years experience working on projects or programs requiring the integration of cross-functional technology and/or business solutions.
- Four (4) years experience in workflow analysis including the use of modeling software (e.g. Visio).
- Four (4) years in a leadership role working with project or technical teams.
- Three (3) years experience working on cross-functional project teams
- Four (4) years experience in business case development and analysis
- Two (2) years experience managing vendor relationships.
- Two (2) years of work experience in a role requiring interaction with executive leadership (e.g. Vice President level and above)
- Five (5) years consulting experience in hospital operations.
- Five (5) years consulting experience in clinical administration.
- Five (5) years consulting experience in health plan administration.
- Master’s degree in Business Administration Computer Science CIS or related field
- Certified Business Analyst Professional (CBAP) or other comparable business analyst or IT consulting certification
PrimaryLocation : OregonHillsboroAmberglen KPIT Administration
HoursPerWeek : 40
Shift : Day
Workdays : Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri
WorkingHoursStart : 08:00 AM
WorkingHoursEnd : 05:00 PM
Job Schedule : Full-time
Job Type : Standard
Employee Status : Regular
Employee Group/Union Affiliation : NUE-IT-01|NUE|Non Union Employee
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Job Category : Information Technology
Department : KPIT ADMIN – OFFICE OF CHIEF TRO – 9601
Travel : No
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race color religion sex (including pregnancy) age sexual orientation national origin marital status parental status ancestry disability gender identity veteran status genetic information other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion or any other protected status.