Job Responsibilities : Senior Full Stack Web Developer
Salary : $116000 per year
Company : ExxonMobil
Location : Spring, TX 77389 US
Job Role Summary
ExxonMobil Upstream Information Technology (UIT) teams deliver industry-leading business capabilities and computational sciences through proprietary commercial-grade software. We are looking for passionate self-starting team members who will challenge the status quo and always be willing to learn and contribute in new ways. The Full Stack Web Developer position is located in Houston TX and requires active collaboration with internal stakeholders and other developers to deliver software solutions to ExxonMobil’s Upstream business lines. In this role you will participate in all aspects of application development including work planning requirements gathering development testing deployment and ongoing support. You will use latest technologies such as Azure Data factory Databricks Azure ML services microservice architecture and REST APIs to interface with internal and third-party data.
As an organization we are proud of our workplace flexibility approach. We believe that delivering high value work does not mean sacrificing our personal well-being. We want our employees to feel included valued and excited about the work that they do. We strive towards nurturing our culture of connectedness family and ensuring people have fulfilling careers.
Primary Job Description
- Collaborate with engineers geoscientists data managers and other software developers to define build and deliver solutions to our most challenging upstream business problems
- Software development tasks would include: Architect implement deploy and support cloud-ready and cloud-native web-based applications as well as maintain existing desktop applications
- Incorporate best practices from DevOps and Agile software development including build/deployment automation (CI/CD) testing automation and operational monitoring/alerting
- Use Cloud technology to extract transform curate data & to draw inferences that provide value to business.
- Automate and convert manual processes to digital workflows.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work in a collaborative environment with software developers and domain experts
- Familiar with the full software development lifecycle including unit testing integration testing etc.
- Proficiency in one or more of the following programming languages: C#/.NET (preferred) Java Python
- Experienced with at least one web development framework: React Angular ASP.NET MVC etc.
- Experience building data models and data access layers against either SQL or NoSQL databases
- Strong grasp of software engineering best practices for code quality and maintainability such as OOAD SOLID principles and automated testing
- Knowledge of end to end DevOps practices using tools like Azure DevOps GitHub Actions or Jenkins.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience developing deploying and supporting web-based applications including frontend business logic and data layers
- Prior work experience in the upstream oil and gas industry (preferred)
Nice to Have Skills
- Good grasp of the REST architectural style and experience implementing REST APIs using ASP.NET Web API (preferred) Node.js or Flask
- Experience building deploying and supporting applications on Cloud platforms such as Azure (preferred) AWS or Google
ExxonMobil is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race color religion sex age sexual orientation gender identity national origin citizenship status protected veteran status genetic information or physical or mental disability.