Job Responsibilities : Senior Employee Relations Partner EMEA
Salary : $102400 per year
Company : Tesla
Location : Remote US
We are looking for an Senior ER Partner with experience investigating and impacting dynamic businesses through effective management of wide range of employee relations and issues.
The Senior ER Partner ensures all actions and activities are directed towards supporting overall positive workforce engagement. The successful candidate will be able to investigate provide guidance support and make recommendations to resolve employee relations (i.e. harassment discrimination bullying etc.) concerns to the broader HR community and our leaders dealing and proactively managing these matters within EMEA market.
This position is both hands-on in providing investigative and employee relations expertise as well as strategic in building out the organizational capability to address and manage employee relations related issues.
A successful candidate would be able to work and align closely with key stakeholders in the US and stakeholders in our EMEA business and would help foster a healthy productive and successful workplace culture.
The Senior ER Partner will have strong interpersonal skills and is able to build trusting relationships with a high level of integrity working carefully with details and confidentiality. Your genuine interest in others enables you to build strong connections with internal stakeholders.
This position can be based anywhere in Europe and knowledge of German is highly required.
- Conducts investigations in response to a range of employee relations concerns including harassment discrimination retaliation workplace violence and other violations of rules regulations policies and procedures. The Employee Relations Partner will also conduct more complex and critical or high risk / high profile investigations personally and cooperate with Employee Advisors and HR Partners for more standard matters.
- Communicates regularly regarding pending investigations and provides clear and detailed investigative reports that support the findings and conclusions in a timely manner. Collaborates closely with EMEA Employment Counsel and HR Leadership.
- Uses effective interviewing and documentation techniques; utilizes the designated online case management tool for tracking; maintains accurate confidential records regarding all investigations.
- Partners with legal team/ internal audit and others in conducting investigations and HR leaders to provide counsel and facilitate prompt and effective resolution of workplace concerns.
- Provides effective and insightful management information analyses and reports on employee relations trends with Leadership and helps develop proactive strategies solutions programs and policies.
- Develops effective relationships with HR Business Partners and Employee Advisor group to promote positive employee relations throughout the organization to ensure a high level of employee satisfaction and engagement.
- Provides training to stakeholders on the Employee Relations process and to HR on conducting investigations.
- Participates in projects led by the Employee Relations and Engagement Team as needed.
- Extensive professional experience in employee relations investigations and/or employment law.
- Experience in employee and/or labor relations in Germany. Knowledge of German employment law a plus.
- Experience working with Works Councils.
- Fluent in business English and German (other language proficiency a plus).
- Demonstrates excellent judgment and professional demeanour.
- Possesses excellent analytical and drafting skills.
- Extensive experience conducting investigations and interviewing witnesses.
- Thorough understanding and application of internal and external HR principles concepts practices and standards.
- Experience in successfully implementing programs across geographically distributed teams.
- Ability to build strong working relationships across all levels of the organization including remote areas.
- Excellent planning organization and time management skills attention to detail ability to handle multiple tasks and work in a fast-paced time-sensitive environment.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills; must be an articulate and persuasive communicator.
- Ability to objectively coach employees and management through complex difficult and emotional issues.
- Limited supervision and direction are provided as this individual can operate and drive results and set priorities independently.
- Strong business acumen.
- Strong analytical skills to provide insightful management information/ trends analysis and case load reporting.
- Strong project management skills structured approach effective execution and strong multi-tasking / multi-project abilities. Working knowledge of MS Office.