Job Responsibilities : Senior Data Scientist
Salary : $133,900 – $200,900 a year
Company : Microsoft
Location : Remote US
Insights Data Engineering & Analytics team (IDEAs) is a central data science team for M365 engineering and marketing. We are looking for a passionate creative analytical and experienced
Senior Data Scientist who loves big data is curious to explore and who wants to impact business decisions.
Location: We are hiring in the following locations: Atlanta Redmond and fully remote within the US. This team is primarily located in Bellevue WA.
- Bringing relevant data into a central system to create the single version of truth
- Opportunity analysis and hypothesis generation for stages throughout the end-to-end customer lifecycle
- Building advanced analytical models (behavior segmentation churn prediction purchase propensity recommendation engine etc.) that spans engineering marketing and finance
To be successful in this role you must be driven self-directed entrepreneurial and focused on delivering the right results. You also need to have strong skills in written and oral communication a can-do attitude and the willingness to tackle hard problems in innovative ways. You must also thrive in a team environment that values cross team collaboration and building on the success of others.
- Design prototype implement and test descriptive predictive analytics forecasting and causal inference models
- Work with engineers to architect and develop operational models that run at scale
- Partner with teams to identify and explore opportunities for the application of machine learning and predictive analysis
- Communicate with technical and non-technical audiences and contribute modeling expertise as a team player
- Master’s degree or higher in Statistics/Math/Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years of industry work experience in SQL R Python to implement statistical models machine learning and analysis (Recommenders Prediction Classification Clustering etc.) in big data environment
- Experience on large scale computing systems like COSMOS Hadoop MapReduce and/or similar systems preferred
- Experience with programming skills e.g. Java C# is a plus
- Familiarity with deep learning toolkits e.g. CNTK TensorFlow etc. is a plus
- Exceptional written and verbal communication to educate and work with cross functional teams
- Be self-driven and show ability to deliver on ambiguous projects with incomplete or dirty data
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age ancestry color family or medical care leave gender identity or expression genetic information marital status medical condition national origin physical or mental disability political affiliation protected veteran status race religion sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
For the state of Colorado the salary range for this role is from $133900-$200900. At Microsoft certain roles are eligible for additional rewards including annual bonus and stock. These awards are allocated based on individual performance. In addition certain roles also have the opportunity to earn sales incentives based on revenue or utilization depending on the terms of the plan and the employee’s role. Benefits/perks listed here may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work. US-based employees gain access to healthcare benefits a 401(k) plan and company match short-term and long-term disability coverage basic life insurance and fitness benefits among others.