Job Responsibilities : Senior Data Scientist-Statistician (REMOTE)
Salary : $114700 per year
Company : (part of Walgreens Boots Alliance)
Location : Remote US
Educational requirements : Graduate
Applies highly complex statistical techniques to help solve problems. Provides insights and actionable recommendations to the business. Utilizes highly complex statistical modeling to make predictions about future outcomes and in multiple scenarios. Explains findings to business audience.
- Responsible for applying highly complex advanced data analysis tools and techniques to provide insights and actionable recommendations for the business
- Utilizes highly complex statistical modeling to make predictions about future outcomes and in multiple scenarios.
- Interprets and applies data in highly-complex analyses and explains findings to business audiences to improve products and processes.
- Executes multiple and/or highly complex statistical and mathematical analyses to support business decision making for multiple business functions.
- Develops and/or uses algorithms and statistical predictive models and determines analytical approaches and modeling techniques to evaluate scenarios and potential future outcomes.
- Applies analytical rigor and statistical methods to analyze large amounts of data using advanced statistical techniques such as predictive statistical models customer profiling segmentation analysis survey design and analysis and data mining.
- Documents projects including business objectives data gathering and processing leading approaches final algorithm detailed set of results and analytical metrics.
- Develops materials to explain project findings.
- Typically assigned to important / complicated undertakings.
- Anticipates and prevents problems and roadblocks before they occur.
- Interacts with internal and external peers and managers to exchange complex information related to areas of specialization.
- Mentors less experienced members of the team. Provides guidance regarding analytical approach and iteration of algorithms.
An Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veterans
About Walgreens Boots Alliance
Walgreens Boots Alliance (Nasdaq: WBA) is a global leader in retail pharmacy impacting millions of lives every day through dispensing medicines and providing accessible high-quality care. With more than 170 years of trusted healthcare heritage and innovation in community pharmacy the company is meeting customers’ and patients’ needs through its convenient retail locations digital platforms and health and beauty products.
Including equity method investments WBA has a presence in more than 25 countries employs more than 450000 people and has more than 21000 stores.
WBA’s purpose is to help people across the world lead healthier and happier lives. The company is proud of its contributions to healthy communities a healthy planet an inclusive workplace and a sustainable marketplace. WBA is a participant of the United Nations Global Compact and adheres to its principles-based approach to responsible business.
WBA is included in FORTUNE’s 2021 list of the World’s Most Admired Companies*. This is the 28th consecutive year that WBA or its predecessor company Walgreen Co. has been named to the list.
More company information is available at www.walgreensbootsalliance.com.
- Master’s degree in statistics data science mathematics economics OR Master’s degree in a quantitative computational or technical discipline AND at least 2 years of post-graduate experience in a statistical function
- Experience utilizing statistics calculus and linear algebra to develop complex models and analyses.
- Experience developing new solutions to problems.
- Advanced knowledge of SQL
- Advanced knowledge of open source statistics packages such as Python R Spark etc.
- Experience determining appropriate software packages to design and develop new techniques and models.
- Experience interrogating data performing analyses interpreting data and presenting findings to business audiences.
- Experience diagnosing isolating and resolving complex business issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems.
- Experience presenting to non-statistical audiences
- At least 2 years of experience contributing to financial decisions in the workplace.
- At least 2 years of direct leadership indirect leadership and/or cross-functional team leadership.
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- A PhD in statistics mathematics OR economics
The following information is applicable to Colorado only in accordance with the Colorado Pay Equity Act. In Colorado an employee in this position can expect a salary/hourly rate between $110340.00 and $196200.00 plus bonus pursuant to the terms of any bonus plan if applicable will depend on experience seniority geographic locations and other factors permitted by law. To review benefits please click here jobs.walgreens.com/benefits. Walgreens will provide applicants in other states with information related to the positions to the extent required by state or local law by calling 1-866-967-5492.