Job Responsibilities : Security Partner (L5), Application Security
Salary : $124000 per year
Company : Netflix
Location : Remote US
Remote United States
Netflix has a unique and creative culture that guides us to do things differently. This helps keep engineering velocity high but also means that our security team needs to operate differently than a traditional security team. The two aspects of the culture that most affect how the security team operates are “Freedom and Responsibility” and “Context not Control”. Employees have tremendous freedom in their work along with the corresponding responsibility to do the right thing for Netflix. Instead of controlling engineers with process and security gates we enable them to build secure code and provide them with adequate security context to make the right decisions for Netflix.
The Workforce and Infrastructure Security Services Engineering (WISSE) organization at Netflix helps provide scalable security guidance influence the paved road security capabilities/products and drive their use through our self-service products and targeted partnerships. The Application and Infrastructure Security (AIS) Partnership team is the part of this organization that builds close partnerships with key areas in our engineering ecosystem to identify and drive high-impact security initiatives that drive down risk. We rely heavily on Paved Road adoption and security scanning services to scale security for the broader engineering ecosystem.
We are looking for a security engineer to complement the team’s existing partnership work with project-based engagements to reduce security risk outside of the core partnership areas. The goal is to help identify impactful security projects and conduct fast discovery and thoughtful solutioning to provide recommendations that improve the security of the Netflix engineering ecosystem.
- You have experience with threat modeling security design reviews and security architecture.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills and are able to translate security objectives to engineering team asks.
- You have experience partnering with cross-functional teams to deliver widely impactful security initiatives.
- You demonstrate excellent judgement in prioritizing security efforts to mitigate the appropriate risks.
Finally here’s a few more reasons why we love this work and think that you will too:
- You will work with an industry leading security team with many opportunities to reduce risks in existing projects and identify new ones.
- You will have the opportunity to research new ideas and share your ideas across the community.
- You will work closely with domain experts in diverse areas such as microservices architecture big data compute platforms and content delivery networks.
We are looking for thoughtful security professionals who enable our mission and support our culture of freedom and responsibility. You can learn more about life at Netflix by watching our security talks or exploring our open source work.