Job Responsibilities : SDE, AMAZON BUSINESS
Salary : $143,700 – $194,400 a year
Company : Amazon.com Services LLC
Location : Remote US
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the system design or architecture (architecture design patterns reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Programming experience with at least one software programming language.
Job summary The Amazon Business team is seeking Software Development Engineers who want to disrupt the way businesses purchase online. Our team is focused on building solutions to enable B2B customers to research discover and buy business industrial and scientific products in large catalogs; across multiple devices marketplaces and regions. Our customers include individual professionals businesses and institutions that buy in either high frequency or in bulk quantities. Our customers have different needs than the traditional Amazon customer base. You will be part of a team that is responsible for all aspects of the customer experience – from the visual interface to the back end services. You will help redefine normal for this segment of the market. You will help translate business requirements to technical deliverables and deliver operationally stable solution that provide good customer experience. Candidates need to have strong ownership passion to provide great customer experience and excellent troubleshooting skills. Experience with building web-based applications and/or web services-based applications is desired.
- Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle including coding standards code reviews source control management build processes testing and operations.
- Experience with distributed computing and enterprise-wide systems.
- Experience in communicating with users other technical teams and senior management to collect requirements describe software product features technical designs and product strategy.
- Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills and make them more effective product software engineers.
- Experience influencing software engineers best practices within your team.
- Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment.
- You must be obsessed with addressing customer needs.
The pay range for this position in Jersey City is $ 143700 – 194400/yr; however base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge skills and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package in addition to a full range of medical financial and/or other benefits dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Pay Transparency Regulation of Jersey City Municipal Code. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon’s internal or external careers site.
The pay range for this position in Colorado is $ 143700 – 194400/yr; however base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge skills and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package in addition to a full range of medical financial and/or other benefits dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon’s internal or external careers site.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race national origin gender gender identity sexual orientation protected veteran status disability age or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Workers in New York City who perform in-person work or interact with the public in the course of business must show proof they have been fully vaccinated against COVID or request and receive approval for a reasonable accommodation including medical or religious accommodation.