Job Responsibilities : Scrum Master (Open to Remote)
Salary : Up to $126,800 a year
Company : Homesite Insurance
Location : Remote US
Homesite Insurance was founded in 1997 and was one of the first companies to enable customers to purchase home insurance directly online during a single visit. Since then we’ve continued to innovate rapidly to meet the needs of our customers and their changing expectations.
One thing that’s stayed the same since our founding: our commitment to our customers partners and employees.
Join us on our journey as we continue to grow into a powerful contender in the field of insurance.
Compensation may vary based on the job level and your geographic work location.
A Scrum Master works closely with both the business and IT teams with a focus on Home Renters and Condo products. As a member of IT Operations the employee will partner with a Technical Analyst to collect requirements and prioritize for the Development and QA teams to consume. In addition be a key contributor to influencing the business and roadmap prioritization process across the entire enterprise.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with the appropriate business stakeholders and IT groups to ensure that approved IT requests are ushered through the life-cycle process on time and to scope.
- Monitors tasks on an ongoing basis evaluating progress and quality managing project plans issue and risk tracking and resolution and taking corrective action as necessary
- Facilitate the scrum process with cross functional impact that involve moderately complex projects non projects or maintenance work
- Ensures that processes and documentation are adequate and effective to meet specifications and audit requirements
- Guide the scrum teams to follow Agile and Scrum practices to actively promote prioritization team readiness and commitment for each Sprint
- Collaborate with customer analysts developers QA and other project managers across IT to understand business requirements and roadmap that drives the analysis design and delivery of solutions.
- Clearly and concisely communicates project status progress and issues effectively and appropriately including periodic report creation and distribution.
- Motivates leads and inspires other team members and ensures they have the tools and training required to perform effectively.
- Champion the implementation of agile best practices across team and the organization.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Excellent Personal Skills: Ability to lead through influence negotiate and gain consensus between various team members.
- Communication: Ability to communicate effectively to all levels in the organization including the presentation of quantitative data while facing time-critical deliverables.
- Adaptability and Agility: Respond well to change; handle multiple demands / priorities effectively; adapt to best fit with situation at hand; handle conflict effectively; collaborate; willing to accept new responsibilities; take initiative and be accountable.
- Deliverables Management: Establish milestones and monitor and report on progress of deliverables. Meet deadlines; Hold self and others accountable; proactive identification and management of risk; manage multiple work streams; work effectively across multiple groups (both internal and external).
- Learning Orientation and Problem Solving: Solve problems promptly and effectively; learn quickly; develop new skills as needed; understand fundamentals of insurance IT best practices and technology; connect business problems to technical solutions.
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS/JOB EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science MIS Information Technology/Systems Technical Communications related field or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years of relevant experience leading efforts around business/functional/system requirements
- 5 years of leading scrum teams ceremonies and providing metrics to measure team success
- Pro-active planning Project estimations with the teams and come up with Roadmap And providing updates to the leadership team
- Experience in systems analysis design and a solid understanding of development quality assurance and integration methodologies
- Scrum Master certification preferred
- Proficiency in Jira Confluence Word and Excel
- Working knowledge of Software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Insurance industry experience a plus but not required
When you work at Homesite you can expect benefits that support your physical emotional and financial wellbeing. You will have access to comprehensive medical dental vision and wellbeing benefits that enable you to take care of your health. We also offer a competitive 401(k) contribution a pension plan an annual incentive and a paid-time off program. In addition our student loan repayment program and paid-family leave are available to support our employees and their families. Interns and contingent workers are not eligible for American Family Enterprise benefits.
Stay connected: Join Our Enterprise Talent Community!