Job Responsibilities : Sr Accountant
Salary : $39,300 – $55,000 a year
Company : University of Utah
Location : Remote
- Reconcile and remit federal and multi-state withholding taxes to the IRS and other government authorities in accordance with the deposit due dates.
- Prepare and file federal and multi-state tax returns monthly quarterly and annually as required. Must meet critical reporting deadlines to prevent penalties and assessments.
- Reconcile and maintain federal and multi-state general ledgers each month.
- Prepare and process journal entries as necessary for general ledger accounts and tax payments.
- Balance taxes and adjust employee tax records each pay period due to old year void checks over-payments tuition reduction benefits and others and process payroll adjustments including gift certificates student and non-resident alien FICA tax refunds and miscellaneous. Adjustments must be made timely in order to meet payroll processing deadlines.
- Prepare process and generate W-2s and other required tax documents to fulfill federal and multi-state tax reporting obligations.
- Set up employee tax records with the proper tax statuses based on work location each pay period.
- Answer W-4 W-2 W-2C Student FICA tax exemption and all other payroll tax questions by phone email or in person whenever the services are requested. Handle W-2 reprints W-4 forms and other supplemental tax forms. Assist in processing the W-4 exemption re-certification annually by the IRS prescribed deadline.
- Troubleshoot and address tax notices and reporting issues with outside agencies.
- Create W-2 corrections whenever errors are located or upon request from departments and employees. Prepare and file the amended employer tax returns by deadline.
- Immediately issues and documents temporary working numbers upon request from the departments for new international employees.
- Perform annual employee social security number verification process. Notify departments and answer social security number discrepancy questions from the departments and employees.
- Provide excellent customer service.
Click Here : Apply Now