Job Responsibilities : Sales Manager 2 Phone
Salary : $21 Per Hour
Company : Marriott International, Inc
Location : Remote US
Educational requirements : High School
Job Number 22177047
Job Category Sales & Marketing
Location MIDATLSLS Mid-Atlantic Sales Office 7750 Wisconsin Avenue Bethesda Maryland United States
Located Remotely? Y
Position Type Management
Handles customer inquiries and lead requests for groups (e.g. Full Service and MSB 10-99 peak room nights) within predefined Group Sales parameters. Works with customers to align customer preferences with brand needs and actively up-sells each business opportunity to maximize revenues and drive customer loyalty. Verifies that business is turned over properly and in a timely fashion for quality service delivery. Drives customer loyalty by delivering service excellence throughout each customer experience. Processes business correspondence and creates contracts and other related booking documentation as required. Demonstrates excellent selling skills strong communication skills and a detailed understanding of property operations food and beverage and planning.
Education and Experience :
- High school diploma or GED; 2 years experience in the sales and marketing guest services front desk or related professional area.
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration Marketing Hotel and Restaurant Management or related major; no work experience required.
- 2 years experience selling group business either at a property or in a sales office.
- Knowledge of property operations Food and Beverage (F&B).
- Knowledge of the group sales process for all brands and how to close a sale.
- Team-based selling experience.
- Hospitality Management Degree.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Sales Activities
- Handles customer inquiries and leads requests for groups (e.g. Full Service and MSB 10-99 peak room nights)
- Responds in a timely manner to incoming group/catering opportunities that are within predefined Group Sales parameters.
- Refers opportunities to appropriate sales associate if business is outside these parameters.
- Works with customers to align customer preferences with brand needs and actively up-sells each business opportunity to maximize revenues and drive customer loyalty.
- Verifies that business is turned over properly and in a timely fashion for quality service delivery.
- Maintains customer loyalty by delivering service excellence throughout each customer experience.
- Demonstrates excellent selling skills strong communication skills and a detailed understanding of property operations food and beverage and planning.
- Works collaboratively with other sales channels (e.g. Area Sales on-property resources) to verify sales efforts are coordinated complementary and not duplicative.
- Understands the overall market (e.g. competitors’ strengths and weaknesses economic trends supply and demand) and how to sell against them.
- Verifies that business booked is within hotel parameters.
- Closes the best opportunities for each property based on market conditions and individual property needs.
- Executes and supports the operational aspects of business booked (e.g. generating proposal writing contract customer correspondence).
- Transfers accurate complete and timely information to property in accordance with brand standards.
- Understands and actively utilizes company marketing initiative/incentives to close on business.
- Implements process improvements and best practices.
- Effectively leverages other Group Sales resources and administrative/support staff to achieve personal and team related revenue goals.
- Processes business correspondence and creates contracts and other related booking documentation as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned to meet business needs.
Building Successful Relationships
- Established coordinated sales efforts that are complementary and not duplicative.
- Drives customer loyalty through excellent customer service throughout the sales process.
- Serves the customer by understanding their needs and recommending appropriate features and services that best meet their needs.
- Builds and strengthens relationships with existing and new customers to enable future bookings.
- Builds and maintains strong working relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Establishes clear expectations for customers and properties throughout the sales process.
- Effectively resolve guest issues that arise as a result of the sales process.
- Brings issues to the attention of Property and Group Sales leadership teams as appropriate.
The hourly pay range for this position is $21.762 to $37.719 and offers health care benefits flexible spending accounts 401(k) plan accrued paid time off (including sick leave where applicable) life insurance disability coverage other life and work wellness benefits and may include incentive compensation. Benefits and incentive compensation may be subject to generally applicable eligibility waiting period contribution and other requirements and conditions.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis such as disability and veteran status or any other basis covered under applicable law.