Job Responsibilities : Sales Merchandiser- Fully Remote
Salary : 18 per hour
Company : Marriott International, Inc
Location : Remote CA
Educational requirements : High School
Job Number 22109101
Job Category Sales & Marketing
Location Canada Regional Office 2425 Mathewson Blvd. E Suite 100 Mississauga ONT Canada
Position Type Management
Located Remotely? N
Promote awareness of brand image internally and externally. Use sales techniques that maximize revenue while maintaining existing guest loyalty to Marriott. Recognize opportunities to up-sell the customer and sell enhancements to create a better Marriott experience or event. Enter retrieve reconcile and verify information (e.g. commissions leads third parties) in software involved in the sales process. Perform general office duties to support Sales & Marketing (e.g. filing sending emails typing sending outgoing faxes delivering incoming faxes copying opening or distributing mail). Check availability of accommodations and dates including finding alternative dates or options if first choice is not available. Receive record and relay messages accurately completely and legibly.
Follow all company policies and procedures. Assist other employees to ensure proper coverage and prompt guest service. Speak with others using clear and professional language; prepare and review written documents accurately and completely; answer telephones using appropriate etiquette. Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others; support team to reach common goals; listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees. Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards. Read and visually verify information in a variety of formats (e.g. small print); stand sit or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift. Move lift carry push pull and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance. Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
Policies and Procedures
- Follow company and department policies and procedures.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
- Exchange information with other employees using electronic devices (e.g. pagers and two-way radios email).
- Speak to guests and co-workers using clear appropriate and professional language.
- Provide assistance to coworkers ensuring they understand their tasks.
- Talk with and listen to other employees to effectively exchange information.
- Answer telephones using appropriate etiquette including answering the phone within 3 rings answering with a smile in one’s voice using the callers’ name transferring calls to appropriate person/department requesting permission before placing the caller on hold taking and relaying messages and allowing the caller to end the call.
- Serve as a departmental role model or mentor by working alongside employees to perform technical or functional job duties.
Working with Others
- Partner with and assist others to promote an environment of teamwork and achieve common goals.
- Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect.
- Develop and maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments.
Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement
- Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards.
- Enter and locate work-related information using computers and/or point of sale systems.
- Read and visually verify information in a variety of formats (e.g. small print).
- Stand sit or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift.
- Move lift carry push pull and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance.
- Promote awareness of brand image internally and externally.
- Use sales techniques that maximize revenue while maintaining existing guest loyalty to Marriott.
- Recognize opportunities to up-sell the customer and sell enhancements to create a better Marriott experience or event.
- Receive record and relay messages accurately completely and legibly.
- Computer Skills
- Problem Solving
- Interpersonal Skills
- Team Work
- Diversity Relations
- Electronic Communication
- English Language Proficiency
- Telephone Etiquette Skills
- Applied Reading
- Positive Demeanor
- Stress Tolerance
- Detail Orientation
- Time Management
- Planning and Organizing
High school diploma/G.E.D. equivalent
Related Work Experience
No related work experience is required
No supervisory experience is required
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis such as disability and veteran status or any other basis covered under applicable law.
Notification to Applicants: Canada Regional Office takes seriously its obligations under provincial human rights and accessibility legislation (such as the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act 2005 the Accessibility for Manitobans Act and Nova Scotia Accessibility Act). We are happy to provide accommodations to job applicants needing assistance. If you require an accommodation in relation to this job posting our online application or an interview please call 905-366-5227 or email CanadaApplicationAccommodation@marriott.com and a member of our Human Resources team will respond to your request. Please note that this phone number and email are only for those individuals who would like to request an accessibility accommodation as part of the recruiting process.