Job Responsibilities : RN Care Coordinator – Remote in Sugarland, TX
Salary : $93100 per year
Company : UnitedHealthcare
Location : Remote US
$5000 Sign On Bonus for External Candidates
UnitedHealthcare is a company that’s on the rise. We’re expanding in multiple directions across borders and most of all in the way we think. Here innovation isn’t about another gadget it’s about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life’s best work.(sm)
The RN Nurse Care Coordinator will be an essential element of an Integrated Care Model by relaying the pertinent information about the member needs and advocating for the best possible care available and ensuring they have the right services to meet their needs.
If you are located in Sugarland TX you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Assess plan and implement care strategies that are individualized by patient and directed toward the most appropriate lease restrictive level of care
- Identify and initiate referrals for social service programs including financial psychosocial community and state supportive services
- Manage the care plan throughout the continuum of care as a single point of contact
- Communicate with all stakeholders the required health-related information to ensure quality coordinated care and services are provided expeditiously to all members
- Advocate for patients and families as needed to ensure the patient’s needs and choices are fully represented and supported by the health care team Visit Medicaid members in their homes and/or other settings including community centers hospitals or providers’ offices
- Visit Medicaid members in their homes and/or other settings including community centers hospitals nursing facilities or providers’ offices
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Current unrestricted RN license in the state of Texas
- 2+ years of experience working within the community health setting or in a health care role
- Intermediate Microsoft Office experience working with Microsoft Word Excel and Outlook (ability to create edit save and send documents spreadsheets and emails)
- Access to reliable transportation and the ability to travel in this ‘assigned region’ to visit Medicaid members in their homes and/or other settings including community centers hospitals nursing facilities or providers’ offices
- High speed internet access at residence
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination and boosters when applicable prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- RUG certification or the ability to obtain within 30 days of employment
- Experience in case management and/or certification in case management (CCM)
- Field-based work experience
- Background in managing populations with complex medical or behavioral needs
- Experience with electronic charting
- Bilingual skills
To protect the health and safety of our workforce patients and communities we serve UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination including boosters as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Community & State. Challenge brings out the best in us. It also attracts the best. That’s why you’ll find some of the most amazingly talented people in health care here. We serve the health care needs of low-income adults and children with debilitating illnesses such as cardiovascular disease diabetes HIV/AIDS and high-risk pregnancy. Our holistic outcomes-based approach considers social behavioral economic physical and environmental factors. Join us. Work with proactive health care community and government partners to heal health care and create positive change for those who need it most. This is the place to do your life’s best work.(sm)
**PLEASE NOTE** The sign on bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group UnitedHealthcare or a related entity in a full time part time or per diem basis (“Internal Candidates”) are not eligible to receive a sign on bonus.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race color religion sex age national origin protected veteran status disability status sexual orientation gender identity or expression marital status genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.