Job Responsibilities : Educational Video Editor
Salary : 20 per Hour
Company : Harvard University
Location : Remote US
Expertise with workflow for video editing media management and team communication is crucial. Curiosity creativity initiative and absolute attention to detail are a must along with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to give and receive feedback graciously.
A successful candidate will be interested in how people learn and will possess a drive to support learning objectives with engaging media and to solve challenges in effective visual communication. A background in science is desired and a commitment to excellence in educational media is expected.
- Execute post-production of video projects including editing mixing and color correcting video assets
- Create motion graphics as necessary
- Organize ingest and sync footage
- Process screencasts voiceover live action and animation assets
- Create assembly edits including take selection
- Prepare and send files for transcription along with additional file preparation work
- Set up feedback documents and tasks for review by project stakeholders assign tasks using project management software and synthesize and address feedback received
- Compress and upload final videos for publication
- Interface with online video hosting platforms to deliver media and associated assets
- Review videos for quality assurance
- Manage digital assets from capture to archive including meta-tagging and consistent file-naming
- Serve as production assistant for the in-house video production team as needed
- Flexible hours may be required periodically to accommodate video productions and product launch schedules
Additional Qualifications and Skills
- Exceptional judgment keen eye for video and strong creative skills with a focus on creating engaging and pedagogically sound videos for a specific target audience
- Ability to make both aesthetic and content judgments about video as well as assemble and edit material to create engaging videos with effective storytelling
- Strong post-production experience including audio editing audio mixing and color correction with current post-production tools including Adobe Premiere CC
- 2D motion graphics experience and a strong grasp of graphic design principles including hierarchy typography and composition
- Demonstrated ability to work as a self-starter to work on multiple projects and to consistently deliver high-quality media within a fast-paced environment
- Capability to interface effectively with biomedical visualization instructional design and technology teams as well as faculty members and subject matter experts
- Organized and proactive nature with exceptional attention to detail in production and post-production processes
- Ability to independently identify post-production process issues and help to correct those issues with suggestions for new workflows and technologies
- Outstanding professionalism and communication skills both verbally and in writing
- Comfort assisting with production in a medical setting with doctors and patients as needed; or in-studio settings with faculty and subject matter experts as needed
- Background or strong interest in medicine science and/or education strongly preferred
- Links to examples of your post-production work including examples of didactic content are expected with your application. Please include a cover letter
The University requires all Harvard community members to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and remain up to date with COVID-19 vaccine boosters as detailed in Harvard’s Vaccine & Booster Requirements. Individuals may claim exemption from the vaccine requirement for medical or religious reasons. More information regarding the University’s COVID vaccination requirement exemptions and verification of vaccination status may be found at the University’s “COVID-19 Vaccine Information” webpage: http://www.harvard.edu/coronavirus/covid-19-vaccine-information/.
Please note that we are currently conducting a majority of interviews and onboarding remotely and virtually. We appreciate your understanding.
Harvard University offers an outstanding benefits package including:
- Time Off: 3 – 4 weeks paid vacation paid holiday break 12 paid sick days 12.5 paid holidays and 3 paid personal days per year.
- Medical/Dental/Vision: We offer a variety of excellent medical plans dental & vision plans all coverage begins as of your start date.
- Retirement: University-funded retirement plan with full vesting after 3 years of service.
- Tuition Assistance Program: Competitive tuition assistance program incredibly affordable classes directly at the Harvard Extension School and discounted options through participating Harvard grad schools.
- Transportation: Harvard offers a 50% discounted MBTA pass as well as additional options to assist employees in their daily commute.
- Wellness options: Harvard offers programs and classes at little or no cost including stress management massages nutrition meditation and complementary health services.
- Harvard access to athletic facilities libraries campus events and many discounts throughout metro Boston.
The Harvard Medical School is not able to provide visa sponsorship for this position.
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent community to keep in touch and learn about future opportunities!
Commitment to Equity Diversity Inclusion and Belonging