Job Responsibilities : Veterinary Technician Reptile Avian First Aid Virtual Instructor
Salary : $40 – $100 an hour
Company : Pet Emergency Education, LLC
Location : Remote US
Pet Emergency Education is hiring a veterinary technician (CVT RVTLVT) that has extensive experience working with reptile avian and small mammals to teach our RACE approved Reptile Avian and Small Mammal Emergency First Aid Certification class virtually on Zoom. Classes are 3 hours long and are hosted once a month on our Zoom platform. Classes average 8-15 people but can be up to 25 people. Position is a contract position that pays a percentage of the registration fees of the classes they teach.
- Candidate MUST be credentialed as a veterinary technician and have at least 3 years full time work experience performing medical care on reptile avian and small mammal species. VTS preferred.
- Reptile avian and small mammal medical experience must comprise at least 50% or more of the candidates daily duties with the main focus being medical care not husbandry.
- Course curriculum has already been developed and approved by the American Association of Veterinary State Boards however candidate will be responsible for updating curriculum as needed to meet current veterinary industry recommended practices for these species.
Job Type: Contract
Pay: $40.00 – $100.00 per hour
- Weekend availability
- Associate (Required)
- working specifically with reptiles birds and small mammals: 3 years (Required)
- Veterinary Technician credentials (CVT LVT RVT) (Required)
Work Location: Remote