Job Responsibilities : Veterinary Recruiter (Remote)
Salary : 51000 per Year
Company : American Veterinary Group
Location : Remote US
Educational requirements : Graduate
What does it take to be a successful Talent Relations Partner at AVG? You are fast-paced highly motivated and people centered. You thrive in a fast-paced work environment. You have an impeccable attention to detail and organization. You have a certain intuition about people and love to learn what makes people tick. You drive world-class candidate experiences throughout the candidate life cycle. You continually evaluate processes to find opportunities for improvement. You build trust and rapport with business partners. If this sounds like you then we’d love to hear from you!
We are seeking a
Talent Relations Partner to support Veterinarian recruitment for our general practice and UrgentVet locations throughout the Southern United States. Prior veterinary experience is not required but a love for animals is preferred! The ideal candidate for this position will have prior experience in a people-centered field such as recruiting hospitality education retail etc. We are willing to train the right person with a go-getter attitude.
This position requires a high level of professionalism attention to detail and a strong command of the English language. This position is a full-time remote position reporting to the Vice President of Talent Relations. Occasional travel (up to 25%) is required for campus recruitment events or hospital visits within the region.
- Manage the full-cycle recruitment process for Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) candidates within the recruiter’s geographic region. This includes sourcing screening interviewing scheduling and negotiating offers for veterinarian candidates.
- Generate a pipeline of interested candidates via targeted email campaigns to both passive candidates and prior applicants.
- Manage expectations and timelines of both candidates and hiring managers throughout the recruitment process.
- Contribute to the maintenance accuracy and growth of the ATS/CRM (Lever) through accurate record-keeping and organization of candidates and leads.
- Fill DVM positions in a timely and efficient manner with a focus on proper lead placement and DVM retention.
- Report to senior recruiting and operations management regarding the status of all open requisitions in region including any observed bottlenecks in the process.
- Plan attend and staff on-campus recruiting efforts at Colleges of Veterinary Medicine in recruiter’s region including but not limited to career fairs virtual events lectures and conferences. Strong public speaking skills are a must as you may be required to host presentations to audiences of 50-100+ students.
- Be a champion for the company’s Employee Referral Bonus program encouraging current employees to refer top talent to the company.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Prior experience in recruiting preferred. Veterinary experience is a plus!
- Exceptional interpersonal oral and written communication skills including a strong ability to establish genuine rapport with candidates – both experienced DVMs and new graduates alike.
- Must be a team player and be able to work collaboratively with fellow members on the recruiting team. We are in-house recruiters who share candidates and do what is best for the candidate rather than focusing on our own gain. When one team member wins we all win!
- Strong negotiation skills with the ability to build trust easily and advise candidates on compensation packages and benefits options.
- High degree of proficiency with various computer and internet applications including MS Office Suite Outlook Microsoft Teams and Internet applications. Experience with an Applicant Tracking System (ATS) and Candidate Relationship Management (CRM) tool is a plus.
- Self-motivated with critical attention to detail deadlines and reporting. Ability to handle rejection in a highly competitive labor market.
- Comprehensive healthcare: health dental & vision insurance
- Paid time off
- 401k plan options
- Generous veterinary care discounts
- Performance bonuses
Founded in 2015
American Veterinary Group (AVG) owns and operates a network of 90+ veterinary practices throughout the South that treat and protect over 50000 pets annually. Our goal is to provide ongoing in-person support to ease the burden of the day-to-day operations of veterinary practices including in-office staff training educational and marketing tools and back office support. We deliver high touch practice management solutions to help veterinarians focus on the needs of their patients instead of the needs of their business. We are animal lovers above all else and operate with the motto “pet first client first”.