Job Responsibilities : Online Math Tutor
Salary : 36000 per Year
Company : Cricket Media
Location : Remote US
Educational requirements : Graduate
Online Math Tutor
Must apply online at:
About Cricket Media®:
Cricket Media® is a global education company creating high-quality print and online learning products for children adults families mentors teachers and partners that improve learning opportunities for everyone. Led by our 9 award-winning children’s magazines and our customizable research-tested collaborative learning programs including NeuLingo NeuABC and Fluent City language learning and CricketTogether and TryEngineering Together eMentoring platforms we are committed to creating and supporting innovative learning experiences that help children and adults safely explore and engage with their expanding world.
About the Position:
Cricket Media is hiring dynamic and engaging math tutors to work 1-on-1 in live online tutoring sessions with students in grades 2-12. We’re seeking highly proficient tutors who are able to tutor students remotely providing interactive coaching on math concepts or helping on math homework. Cricket Tutors set their own availability and specify their area of expertise for tutoring: Elementary Math Pre-Algebra Algebra Geometry Trigonometry Pre-Calculus Calculus Statistics and AP-level courses. Tutors are expected to be available for 10+ hours per week. This is a fully remote independent contractor role.
What you’ll be doing:
- Opt in and maintain consistent availability to conduct 1:1 tutoring sessions.
- Log all lessons assignments and students’ progress.
- Share student updates and progress reports with authorized Cricket Media staff.
- Engage students in individualized interactive tutoring to meet their needs.
- Encourage student engagement through positive reinforcement.
- Communicate in clear timely and service-oriented manner with all students and Cricket Media team members.
- Maintain excellent professionalism and strong organizational skills.
- Must have previous K-12 math tutoring or teaching experience and be able to provide references
- Must have a dynamic personality and an ease working virtually with kids – a sense of humor is preferable.
- Must have very strong math fundamentals
- Must be able to teach math to children in a clear and fun way that aligns directly with NCTM and Common Core Standards for Mathematics teaching and learning
- Must have strong written and oral communication skills
- Must have a computer and reliable hi-speed internet service
- Must be punctual and have good time management skills
- Must hold or be actively pursuing an undergraduate degree
- Must successfully complete a criminal background screening
Status: Independent Contractors
Per Session (i.e. hourly) Contract Rates: Vary based on teaching experience
Must apply online at: