Job Responsibilities : Remote Tutor – Dallas Tx area ( Needed ASAP)
Salary : $40600 per year
Company : OKIN Process, Inc.
Location : Remote US
This is a very unique role. Please view these videos to understand our services better.
Okin Educate https://vimeo.com/713706222
Meet Alex: https://vimeo.com/713706222
Please visit our website: https://www.okineducate.com/ for more information.
- Maintains and updates log session details such as topics covered
- Tutor students remotely by way of chat voice and video
- Assist students with homework projects test preparation papers research and other academic tasks
- Recognize diverse learning styles and student preferences
- Use active listening strategies to allow tutors to determine student needs and pace of tutoring
- Use questioning strategies and other eLearning strategies as the primary tutoring method to diagnose student needs and monitor progress
- Participate in professional development activities to improve tutorial skills and continue to grow cultural competence and reflection skills
- Utilize feedback and reflection to improve practice
- Design and implement a variety of virtual mini lessons to support student learning
- Be flexible and able to adapt instructional methodologies tailored to student needs in a fast-paced learning environment in which impromptu and immediate ‘on the spot’ assistance will be necessary to assist students
- Recognize primary role is to help students become more confident more successful and independent learners
- Be direct and kind with students to support a positive virtual learning environment
- Provide explicit modeling and scaffolding assistance to students by providing resources and strategies and through coaching of content skills and concepts to promote student success
- Create on-demand student-centered eLearning mini-lessons tailored to learning objectives that are modeled virtually and referenced within Knowledge Base articles and other formats as needed
- Providing students with positive and constructive feedback
- Make appropriate referrals to other educational resources as needed
- Willingness to learn effective tutorial/learning materials and instructional strategies focused on a virtual learning environment
- Monday to Friday 3:30 pm to 11 pm (all US time zones)
- Weekend availability.
- 6-hour shifts
Types of Tutoring
- Homework Helpling on Demand tutoring virtually.
- Targeted tutoring scheduled zoomed.
- Lesson planning development writing lesson plans and implementing those lesson plans with students
- Ability to effectively manage time and schedules
- Ability to establish a friendly encouraging and welcoming virtual environment for students
- Prior experience working with children in a virtual setting preference
- Ability to instruct students of various ages with varying levels of understanding and proficiency
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and written within a virtual environment
- Comfortable using various technological platforms (i.e. Zoom) within a virtual setting
- Basic word processing and technological skills using various virtual learning platforms (i.e. Zoom)