Job Responsibilities : Geospatial Image Analyst
Salary : 66000 Per Year
Company : MDA
Location : Ottawa, ON CA
For those who dream of advancing our space in the Universe and on Earth we’ll take you there.
Serving the world from our Canadian home and our global offices MDA is an international space mission partner and robotics & space operations satellite systems and geointelligence pioneer with a 50-year story of firsts on and above the Earth. Today we’re leading the charge towards viable Moon colonies enhanced Earth observation communication in a hyper-connected world and more.
We’re fueled by a pioneering spirit that carries us beyond. And together we enable highly skilled people to continually push boundaries and tackle big challenges requiring solutions that endure and inspire.
Are you ready to launch the next stage of your career in the new space economy? We would love to hear from you!
MDA is currently seeking a Geospatial Image Analyst to support our geo-intelligence business. This position supports a key area of growth in our future including MDA’s next generation CHORUS program. The position combines generation of Image Exploration Reports training and business development activities to support the company’s growth in GeoIntelligence.
As an Geospatial Image analyst you will:
- Analyze SAR and optical satellite imagery using change detection tools image analysis software and visual interpretation to generate Image Exploitation reports
- Augment and create training materials for client programs
- Delivery customer training programs as required
- Support Business Development activities for RADARSAT-2 and MDA’s next-generation commercialearth-observation mission CHORUS
- Support other geo-intelligence projects
- The Geospatial Image Analyst must have a combination of experience and education in GIS/Geomatics
- Training as an Imagery Analyst
- Experience as an Imagery Analyst in a defense or geo-intelligence domain.
- Experience providing training or customer support
- Good problem solving and communications skills
- Ability to work independently yet proven ability to be a team player
- Familiar with remote sensing tools (e.g RemoveView PCI ERDAS) and image analysis techniques
- Training as an Imagery Analyst to Candian Armed Forces or equivalent specifications
- Data collection planning experience
- Experience working in a military environment
We’re a dream team of purpose-driven collaborative and passionate people and we are constantly looking for others to join #TeamMDA to ignite new and innovative approaches to problem-solving that push us forward to improve life on and above Earth. If you’re excited to expand our place in space and driven to inspire the next generation we’ll take you there.
We have entered a new era of exploration and development and MDA welcomes all who yearn to suit up and be part of it. An equal opportunity employer prizing diversity integrity and collaboration we are committed to growing MDA’s and Canada’s leadership in this next golden age.
Candidate may hold or be eligible to obtain TSSA security clearance
Travel to client sites for training may be required
MDA provides competitive compensation and benefits packages for its employees at all locations. As a team member of MDA you and your qualified dependents are eligible to participate in a benefit plan that ensures a comprehensive level of protection through competitive health care including; extended healthcare and flexible drug plans dental and vision benefits disability income protection life insurance group retirement savings plans; and an employee and family assistance program.
MDA is an equal opportunity employer prizing diversity and inclusion. We are committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity. If you require assistance and/or reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process please feel free to notify us.