Job Responsibilities : Senior Salesforce Engineer – Remote
Salary : $129,500 – $184,100 a year
Company : Liberty Mutual Insurance
Location : Remote US
Educational requirements : Graduate
The Salesforce Solutions organization is seeking an innovative inspiring and results-oriented Principal Software Engineer to join our team. In this role you will lead major projects or subprojects of highly technical complexity and will direct and monitor the work of team members. While this is not a management position you will be a peer leader coach and mentor to others.
You’ll be responsible for system analysis design coding testing debugging and documentation within our Independent Agents (IA) ecosystem which is built on the Salesforce platform. In this role you’ll be working within Salesforce and will get to learn the Apex programming language. You’ll also be working with complimentary software/integrations including but not limited to Java Informatica Google Cloud. Although helpful if you’ve previously worked with Salesforce it isn’t required. Instead we are looking for a seasoned Object-Oriented developer with leadership skills and comfort learning new technologies quickly.
In this role you will:
- Develop maintainable/scalable effective defect free source code that meets business requirements and team standards.
- Develop and design Integrations with the Salesforce Platform.
- Conduct unit test case development.
- Develop highly complex test scripts.
- Conduct impact analysis.
- Develop component design.
- Develop system/application architecture.
- Support the production support transition and implementation phases responsible for overall success of the project.
- Work within project team to lead iterative development that delivers a high quality product.
- Support interactions with customers and development team to gather and define requirements.
- Develop and lead the production of support documentation.
- Lead functional/system integration testing support.
- Lead quality assurance architecture and design guide review defects or discrepancies in requirements identified and resolved with appropriate partners.
- Plan work out appropriately effectively communicating and responding to escalations/inquiries.
- Contribute to Build and Deployment guide.
- Identify and implement appropriate continuous improvement opportunities.
- Contribute to the success of the squad on delivering of value.
- Complete other project work or tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline
- 8+ years of professional experience.
- Highly proficient in multiple Object-Oriented programming languages and tools; ability to develop on multiple platforms.
- Strong negotiation facilitation and consensus building skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; presentation skills
- Extensive knowledge of the following: IT concepts strategies methodologies.
- Versed in diverse technologies and new technical architecture principles and concepts.
- Experienced in layered systems architectures solutions designs and shared software concepts.
- Extensive understanding of agile software development concepts and processes.
- Must be proactive demonstrate initiative and be a logical thinker.
- Extensive consultative skills including the ability to understand and apply customer requirements including drawing out unforeseen implications and making recommendations for design the ability to define design reasoning understanding potential impacts of design requirements.
- Extensive understanding of backlog tracking burndown metrics and incremental delivery. Strong collaboration prioritization and adaptability skills required.
At Liberty Mutual our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That’s why we provide an environment focused on openness inclusion trust and respect. Here you’ll discover our expansive range of roles and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a “Great Place to Work” by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the “100 Best Places to Work in IT” on IDG’s Insider Pro and Computerworld’s 2020 list. For many years running we have been named by Forbes as one of America’s Best Employers for Women and one of America’s Best Employers for New Graduates—as well as one of America’s Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work integrity and commitment to make things better and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race color national origin sex sexual orientation gender identity religion age disability veteran’s status pregnancy genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal state or local law.