Job Responsibilities : Surveyor – Hospital RN
Salary : $50,880 a year
Company : The Joint Commission
Location : Remote US
Educational requirements : Graduate
Qualified candidates must be a graduate of approved school of nursing and hold a Master’s degree in appropriate discipline.
Current professional license in discipline required at time of hire and must be maintained throughout the duration of employment.
Candidates must have five years of recent health care experience including 3 years of direct clinical experience in the appropriate health care settings and 2 years of accreditation or certification leadership or senior management experience.
Contemporary knowledge of and experience in health care operations clinical practice use of performance improvement methods to assess organizational performance and current research and trends relative to health care practices is essential.
Qualified candidates must have knowledge of Joint Commission standards with direct involvement in two Joint Commission surveys.
- Must be able to observe in real time and without slowing or otherwise interrupting the progress of all applicable types of ongoing health care treatment (e.g. including emergency treatment treatment during weather and other extreme situations etc.).
- Standing for long periods of time walking lengthy distances lifting climbing stooping pulling and pushing in order to adequately inspect and observe all medical facilities equipment and procedures such as emergency exit procedures remote storage facilities any areas where cleanliness may affect the possibility of infection medical equipment etc. including the following activities:
- walking up and down stairways (e.g. to test escape routes assess safety of emergency exits regulatory compliance etc.);
- removing obstructed covers or impediments to equipment or other mechanical areas;
- examining small and often dirty printed labels and print on equipment;