Job Responsibilities : Clinical Staff Nurse (Work from Home) – MDLIVE
Salary : $77000 per year
Company : Cigna
Location : Remote US
The RN Clinical Staff Member is part of the telehealth clinical team which is devoted to the delivery of care services in an online and fast-paced setting. The RN supports MDLIVE providers and clinical operations. Strong telephone triage assessment communication skills and computer skills are required.
- Utilize current evidence-based nursing practices and guidelines.
- Apply the ANA Code of Ethics for Nurses to professional practice.
- Support the clinical and administrative operations of telehealth across practice settings.
- Utilize MDLIVE technology and platforms in the delivery of patient care.
- Triage and assess the patient for telehealth appropriateness.
- Serve as a liaison between patient and provider. Address any questions or concerns post-consultation.
- Resolve any pharmacy and/or medication issues in conjunction with provider order.
- Document update and maintain the patient medical record.
- Identify and report patient safety and quality issues.
- Act as an advocate for the patient.
- Support the promotion of optimal health outcomes.
- Educate the patient on the provider’s plan of care.
- Deescalate calls to a reasonable outcome for all parties.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have a Compact Nursing license with the ability to become licensed in all US states and territories.
- RN Licensure with at least two of experience working in Urgent Care Primary Care or ER setting. I year of experience may be substituted with call center experience.
- Critical thinking and data synthesis.
- Triage and assessment skills.
- Knowledge of Primary Care Urgent Care and ER settings.
- Effective communication skills over various mediums.
- Multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of electronic medical records and e-prescribe.
- Maintain competencies for telehealth nursing.