Job Responsibilities : Managing Scientist / PMRA/NNHPD Consultant
Salary : 19 per hour
Company : Exponent
Location : Remote CA
Exponent is a leading engineering and scientific consulting firm that brings together more than 90 different disciplines to solve the most pressing and complicated challenges facing stakeholders today. Our vision is to engage the brightest scientists and engineers to empower clients with solutions for a safe healthy sustainable and technologically complex world. We leverage over 50 years of experience in analyzing accidents and failures to advise clients as they innovate their technologically complex products and processes ensure the safety and health of their users and address the challenges of sustainability.
We employ experts with degrees from top programs at over 500 universities and extensive experience spanning a variety of industries. We are expanding and are excited about your interest in joining our team!
- 1100+ Team members
- 900+ Consultants
- 550+ Ph.D.s
- 30+ Offices globally
We are currently seeking a Regulatory Consultant (Canada) for a Managing Scientist or Senior Managing Scientist position in our Chemical Regulation and Food Safety Practice. This position will be a remote position in Canada. In this role you will work as part of a team providing a high level of regulatory and technical expertise with Health Canada’s Pest Management Regulatory Agency (PMRA) and/or Natural and Non-prescription Health Products (NNHPD) project management and overall support to the consultants in Exponent’s Chemical Regulation and Food Safety Practice.
You will be responsible for:
- Understanding and staying current on Health Canada PMRA and/or NNHPD regulations and maintaining relationships with regulatory authorities and trade associations
- Understanding planning and leading client needs to register new pesticides and disinfectant drugs and revise existing registrations with PMRA and/or NNHPD
- Experience preferred with registering new fertilizers soil amendments and biostimulants and revise existing registrations with CFIA
- Supporting preparing and submitting PMRA and/or NNHPD applications for registration including complex regulatory and technical reports to support registration applications
- Preparing registration strategies and data development plans for obtaining PMRA and/or NNHPD registrations and approvals
- Participating in developing business and clients with Chemical Regulation and Food Safety team
- Ability to work with global Exponent Chemical Regulation and Food Safety Team (e.g. United States and European Union) to adapt registration requirements from other regions to PMRA and/or NNHPD submissions
- Interacting directly with clients
- Preparing written proposals and managing projects including budgets timelines deliberables client expectations and receivables
- Growing and developing our business in Canada as part of our comprehensive pesticide regulatory support to clients
- Working collaboratively with our current consulting team to meet client expectations
You will have the following skills and qualifications:
- Advanced degree in a Science or Regulatory related field applicable to pesticide work
- 5+ years of PMRA and/or NNHPD regulatory experience with registering pesticides and/or disinfectant drugs and expanding existing registrations. Noting experience with both agencies is preferred but not a must.
- Consulting experience preferred but not a must
- Excellent communication writing editing and proofreading skills
- Strong ability to organize and prioritize multiple projects and competing deadlines
- Ability to prepare a project budget as well as work under defined project budgets
- Detailed oriented able to work independently and manage time effectively
- Exposure to sensitive/confidential information will necessitate considerable use of tact diplomacy discretion and judgement
- Ability and desire to learn and grow as part of a unique consulting team
- Prior marketing experience related to consulting services preferred but not a must
- CFIA regulatory experiences registering fertilizers soil amendments and biostimulants is preferred but not a must
- Additional experience supporting related regulatory areas such as pesticide devices non-pesticide chemical substances is a plus
To learn more about life at Exponent and our impact please visit the following links:
We value and encourage diversity and inclusivity across all facets of our firm. Having a team built of people with different backgrounds skills and perspectives allows us to provide better value to our clients and enjoy an enriched work environment.
Our firm is committed to offering a variety of programs and resources to support health and well-being. We believe that providing competitive benefits as well as compensation and recognition programs empowers our staff to do work that makes a difference.
Exponent is a proud equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race color religion sex national origin veteran status disability sexual orientation gender identity or any other protected status.
If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability you may email us at HR-Accommodations@exponent.com.