Job Responsibilities : Part Time Office Assistant
Salary : $21.89–$23.56 an hour
Company : COSTI Immigrant Services
Location : Remote CA
Educational requirements : High School
- Provides administrative and secretarial support to the online and in-person services of the LINC (Language Instruction for Newcomers to Canada) program.
- Handles student and employer inquiries in person on the telephone via email social media virtual meetings and other online tools regarding COSTI’s programs and services.
- Verifies complies corrects and types statistical reports.
- Prepares and types letters documents and certificates for signature regarding status of students.
- Creates organizes and maintains operational files online and in hard copies where needed.
- Liaises with assessment centres for client intake assessment and placement.
- Communicates with Welcome Centre and community partners for client referrals.
- Responsible for client registration.
- Supports new clients’ and staff’s access to virtual conferencing tools and Learning Management System and prepares clients for attendance in virtual classes.
- Collects and inputs client data into CIS CLARS and Welcome Centre systems.
- Prepares materials for program outreach via multiple media including web postings and social media. Reviews and updates program information on the web.
- Orders office supplies as required.
- Maintains inventory of program materials and supplies.
- Performs other administrative duties as required.
- Assists with reception duties at the Welcome Centre as required.
- High school graduation or equivalent and 1-year office experience.
- Ability to work remotely and independently using the phone computer and internet.
- Experience using virtual meeting tools such as MS Teams and Zoom.
- Knowledge of Google Drive is required.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite Internet and email.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Good administrative skills typing speed of 40 words per minute is essential.
- Knowledge of office procedures capable of meeting timelines.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
- Excellent customer service skills and sensitivity towards educational needs of newcomers.
- Knowledge of CIS HARTs or iCARE would be an asset.
- Ability to speak Mandarin would be an asset.
- Ability to work at both Markham North and Richmond Hill Welcome Centres.
- Must be fully vaccinated or exempt from vaccination on human rights grounds. COSTI reserves the right to require information establishing the validity of the exemption.
Duration of Position:
Starting Salary Range:
If you are interested please quote Reference #146-22
and send your resume with a covering letter to:
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resumes and cover letters as one file quoting reference # 146-22 to the below link: https://creg.costi.ca/ui/hr/resume.aspx?refno=146-22