Job Responsibilities : Remote Ops Specialist
Salary : $71300 per year
Company : Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution
Location : Remote US
Educational requirements : High School
The Remote Operations Specialist will be responsible for assisting in the oversights planning and executing of the technical management of a Remote Operations sport category (ies) and other special projects as deemed necessary throughout the year. Provides the technical support to the productions and operations groups in planning and accomplishing all remote assignments.
- Assists in conducting technical surveys for upcoming events (travels to locations to determine technical requirements and obstacles) determines the feasibility of production requirements the crew size equipment needs schedules and approximate costs of such remote originations.
- Assumes the leadership role in complex tasks and processes that can have a material influence on the outcomes of assigned remote events.
- Works with Operations Specialist to provide Remote Operations and Programming Finance with cost information pertaining to remote technical elements.
- Assists with the RFP process and guidelines for vender contracts.
- Helps provide technical CAD drawings to depict the technical signal flow of a remote television broadcast.
- Keeps accurate records and approves all crew time and/or travel time while on location.
- Helps to supervise the installation operation teardown manpower and maintenance of the technical equipment.
- Advises production personnel and the Operations Producers of technical costs and options as situations arise.
- Acts as the safety supervisor in accordance with OSHA and insurance regulations.
- Works closely with organizing bodies on the design and implementation of technical processes of each show/event.
- Has awareness of developments in equipment technology and procedures.
- Has knowledge of organization procurement financial and logistical skills relating to show creation.
- Has knowledge of computer training and how it relates to the new technical equipment utilized on remote events.
- Has knowledge of electronics and s in broadcasting in the video audio RF lighting videotape and maintenance areas.
- Minimum 8 years of broadcast experience primarily field technician.
- Working knowledge of High Definition between remote operations and studio operations.
- Proficient with WORD EXCEL POWER POINT and VISIO computer programs.
- Understanding of the principles of television electronics including
- HD and SD formats
- Video acquisition
- Media recording and management
- Transmission methods
- Signal routing
- Television audio and communication systems
- IP systems
- Has an understanding of the procurement aspects of the technical equipment needed to carryout live broadcasts.
- Ability to communicate clearly and manage people effectively.
- Ability to troubleshoot problems and provide efficient and effective solutions on site.
- Leadership ability is required.
- Willingness to travel as required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Technical school or engineering courses specializing in electronics or radio/TV.
Click Here : Apply Now