Job Responsibilities : Care Coordinator – Remote in New England
Salary : $16.00 – $25.77 an hour
Company : Optum
Location : Remote US
Educational requirements : High School
If you are located within commutable distance to New England office you will have the flexibility to telecommute* (work from home) you take on some tough challenges.
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that’s improving the lives of millions. Here innovation isn’t about another gadget it’s about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it safely and reliably. There’s no room for error. Join us and start doing your life’s best work. SM
Do you want to make a difference in healthcare?
Landmark Health was created to transform how healthcare is delivered to the most medically vulnerable members in our community. Our medical group provides home-based medical care to chronically ill patients many of whom are ill-equipped to navigate our overwhelming healthcare system.
Because many of our patients are frail and elderly we deliver care primarily in the comfort of their home. Our Program is also offered to eligible patients at no incremental financial cost to them. We are not a fee-for-service practice; we benefit economically only if we deliver high-quality patient outcomes and satisfaction. As a result our clinical teams can spend quality-time caring for a smaller number of patients giving all patients the space respect compassion and care they deserve.
At Landmark our interdisciplinary teams collaboratively manage our complex patient panels. These teams are led by Physicians Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants with supporting care provided by RN Nurse Care Managers Social Workers Pharmacists Behavioral Health and other employed team members.
Join Landmark to be part of a growing company full of purpose-driven action-oriented and compassionate team members working to dramatically transform healthcare for our communities.
The Care Coordinator role is a critical member of the Landmark Interdisciplinary Team. This role reports to a Supervisor or the Director Health Services. Responsibilities are to ensure a positive patient experience with Landmark as well as to build good relationships with local provider groups to ensure that Landmark is a reliable and trusted partner in patient care.
We offer 4-6 weeks of training. Training will be conducted virtually from your home.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
- Regular contact with provider groups to collect clinical data
- Support patients in scheduling home visits
- Ensure that Landmark has all documentation available regarding patient conditions
- Support Landmark providers and Nurse Care Managers with operational and clinical tasks
- Handle escalated patient issues ensuring the appropriate resources are involved
- Follow triage protocol when needed
- Other duties may be assigned
- The position is office-based
- Phone handling
- Technical Skills – Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; pursues training and development opportunities; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with others
- Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments
- Interpersonal Skills – Focuses on solving conflict; maintains confidentiality; listens to others; keeps emotions under control and overcomes resistance when necessary; remains open to new ideas
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and seeks clarification; responds openly to questions. Must be able to deal with frequent change delays or unexpected events
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; arrives at meetings and appointments on time
- Dependability – Follows instructions responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments; commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan
- Initiative – Volunteers readily; undertakes self-development activities; seeks increased responsibilities; takes independent actions and calculated risks; looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; asks for and offers help when needed; generates suggestions for improving work and workflow
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- Experience with escalated customer service issue resolution
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
- Ability to work at least 4 consecutive hours on Saturday and Sunday
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination and boosters when applicable prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Bachelor’s Degree (or higher)
- Experience working with triage protocol
- Phone scheduling experience
- Typing speed of 40+ WPM
- Experience as medical receptionist
- Experience as a Medical Assistant Certified Nursing Assistant Pharmacy Tech or other clinical or administrative role in a health care setting
- Reside within commutable distance to New England office
- Required to have a dedicated work area established that is separated from other living areas and provides information privacy
- Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if applicable)
- Must live in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group approved high-speed internet connection or leverage an existing high-speed internet service
- Critical thinking skills and flexibility
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Military & Veterans find your next mission: We know your background and experience is different and we like that. UnitedHealth Group values the skills experience and dedication that serving in the military demands. In fact many of the values defined in the service mirror what the UnitedHealth Group culture holds true: Integrity Compassion Relationships Innovation and Performance. Whether you are looking to transition from active duty to a civilian career or are an experienced veteran or spouse we want to help guide your career journey. Learn more at https://uhg.hr/transitioning-military
Learn how Teresa a Senior Quality Analyst works with military veterans and ensures they receive the best benefits and experience possible. https://uhg.hr/vet
Careers with Optum. Here’s the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world’s large accumulation of health – related information or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life’s best work. SM
Connecticut Residents Only: The salary range for Connecticut residents is $16.00 – $25.77. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education work experience certifications etc. In addition to your salary UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as a comprehensive benefits package incentive and recognition programs equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race color religion sex age national origin protected veteran status disability status sexual orientation gender identity or expression marital status genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.