Job Responsibilities : Residential Overnight Counselor
Salary : $30000 per year
Company : Maaps
Location : Remote US
Educational requirements : High School
ABOUT NECC: The New England Center for Children®(NECC) is a global leader in autism education and research headquartered in Southborough MA and provides a comprehensive structure to help children with autism at every stage utilizing the principles of applied behavior analysis (ABA). NECC is committed to an inclusive culture where all students employees families and partners feel welcome safe and valued. We believe that fostering diversity and equity makes us a strong more successful community.
ABOUT THE POSITION: The Residential Counselor role is an awake overnight position in a group home setting (located in or around Southboro MA). This position is responsible for closely supervising our students and ensuring their health and safety during the overnight hours.
ABOUT YOU: You are looking for a full-time position and interested in an awake overnight schedule. You have a strong interest in working with children and young adults and aspire to make a difference.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Remain awake and alert at all times while on duty; continuously monitor the health safety and well-being of each student
- Thorough knowledge and competent implementation of all student educational programs and behavior management guidelines.
- Diligent implementation of all medical safety and emergency procedures.
- Record and complete all necessary data accurately and in a timely fashion
- Complete all assigned direct teaching duties during early evening (7:00-8:00 p.m.) weekends and/or early morning (7:00-8:00 a.m.) weekdays.
COMPETITIVE COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS PACKAGE:
- Generous paid vacation (4 weeks) sick and personal time
- Generous tuition reimbursement for the pursuit of associate or bachelor’s degree
- Referral bonuses
- Comprehensive health / dental/ vision benefits
- Skills training in education theoretical and practical applications of behavior analysis and behavior management techniques
- Retirement plan
- Relocation assistance and discounted housing options available for those that qualify
- On-site daycare and childcare reimbursement
- Employee engagement and resource groups
- Employee assistance plan and behavioral health resources
- And much more!
- High school diploma
- Able to work full-time schedule and remain awake and alert for overnight shifts
- Strong interest in working with children and young adults diagnosed with autism and related special needs
- Driver’s license and access to reliable transportation (or ability to obtain)
- Successful completion of the NECC training program including CALM.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Ability to carry out written and verbal instructions
- Physically mentally and emotionally prepared to implement all medical safety and emergency procedures.
- Supportive of an inclusive culture celebrating the diversity of NECC’s employees families and students
Job Type: Full-time