Job Responsibilities : Live Chat/Text Services Advocate (Remote in Las Vegas, NV)
Salary : $20.09 an hour
Company : National Domestic Violence Hotline
Location : Remote US
Educational requirements : High School
The National Domestic Violence Hotline operates 24/7. The digital advocate responds to incoming chats and texts from intimate partner violence victims supporters the public and service providers to support and shift power back to those affected by relationship abuse. The advocate provides anonymous and confidential services including information emotional support referrals and options to increase safety and to work towards creating a world where all relationships are healthy and free from violence.
This position requires 1-week of in-person training + 4 weeks of virtual training via Zoom held Monday through Friday from September 12th 2022 to October 14th 2022 from 8:00 am – 4:30 pm Pacific Time (PT) – Training is mandatory.
To be eligible for this position you must live in Las Vegas NV
The base salary starts at $20.09/hour plus shift & language differential (if applicable)
- Shift Differential (3:45pm – 9:45pm Monday – Friday): $1.00 per hour
- Shift Differential (9:45pm – 7:15am Monday – Thursday): $2.00 per hour
- Shift Differential (7:15am – 9:45pm Saturday and Sunday): $1.75 per hour
- Shift Differential (9:45pm – 7:15am Friday Saturday Sunday): $2.50 per hour
- Bilingual Differential: $1.25 per hour
Tuesday – Saturday 6:00 am – 2:30 pm (Pacific Time)
Sunday- Thursday 6:00 am – 2:30 pm (Pacific Time)
Tuesday – Saturday 2:00 pm – 10:30 pm (Pacific Time)
Sunday- Thursday 2:00 pm – 10:30 pm (Pacific Time)
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide advocacy services with a social justice and racial equity lens-based on The Hotline’s Crisis Intervention Model including safety assessment education and referrals to contacts as appropriate.
- Utilize critical thinking and strategic questioning skills to assess and appropriately respond to contacts
- Consistently and accurately collect and record required caller information into database system.
- Actively maintain a basic understanding of the dynamics of intimate partner violence and healthy relationships
- Respond with compassion and awareness to people of various diverse backgrounds identities.
- Utilize a social justice and racial equity lens to communicate with integrity with all members of The Hotline staff and contacts.
- Utilize resilience strategies to deal with stressful situations and to navigate contact crisis situations.
- Comply with The Hotline’s confidentiality policy and respect the confidentiality of all.
- Attend required meetings and trainings including but not limited to advocate team meetings and in-service trainings which may be scheduled outside the advocate’s normal work hours.
- Adhere to assigned schedule which requires availability during inclement weather and assigned holidays to ensure 24/7 hotline coverage.
- Be accountable and dependable as it pertains to remote work responsibilities and in-person activities as needed.
Education & Experience Required
- High school diploma or equivalent
- A minimum of one year of continuous work experience in customer service social services call center or related work.
- Experience with computers required. Proficiency in Microsoft Windows Office 365 (including Microsoft Outlook).
Knowledge Skills & Abilities
- Working knowledge of intimate partner violence and healthy relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to respond with empathy and compassion to victims in crisis situations as well as with sensitivity to diverse cultural ethnic and social backgrounds values attitudes and languages.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Team-oriented respectful approachable to contribute toward building strong working relationships.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
Other Requirements/Working Conditions
- This role is a primarily remote position based in Texas
- Must have a home workspace that is confidential secure and free from distraction.
- This position may be required to spend some time in-office.
- Must maintain standards of confidentiality related to agency information.
- Prolonged sitting or standing using keyboard phone and computer.
All work is informed by and conducted through adherence to the values of The Hotline:
- Integrity: We conduct every aspect of our work to the highest ethical standards and hold ourselves accountable to them. We value transparency and staunchly safeguard the confidentiality of those we serve.
- Thought Leadership: We are committed to learning constantly developing innovative practices and evolving strategies as necessary to achieve our mission and vision.
- Excellence: We value performance and results. We aspire to be the best and to embrace the challenge to exceed expectations.
- Collaboration: We work as a team within the organization and with a wide range of partners outside of it in the belief that only through these partnerships will we achieve the broadest impact.
- Social justice: We value diverse perspectives and strive to incorporate an anti-oppression lens in all aspects of our work.
- Caring: We conduct our work with compassion and in the spirit of inclusion and we meet all individuals with respect and without judgment.
- Survivor-centered: Our work begins and ends with the interests of survivors of relationship abuse in mind.
This description only includes essential functions of the job. These statements are not intended to be construed as exhaustive of all duties responsibilities and skills required for this position. Employees will be required to follow and any other job-related instruction and to perform any other job-related duties required by the job objectives supervisor and mission and values of The Hotline. This description does not modify any employee’s at-will-status and is not a contract for continued employment of any duration._
The National Domestic Violence Hotline is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace.
- 1 year(s): Customer Service Social Services or related
- High School or better
Licenses & Certifications
- Bilingual – Written
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.09 per hour
- 8 hour shift
Work Location: One location