Job Responsibilities : Collector (Hybrid Opportunity)
Salary : $36000 Per Year
Company : Irving Oil
Location : Hybrid remote CA
Collector (Hybrid Opportunity)
Who are we?
Founded in 1924 Irving Oil is a family-owned international refining and marketing company with a history of long-term partnerships and relationships. With operations throughout Eastern Canada New England and Ireland we focus on delivering quality products and exceptional service to our customers and our communities. Every day we strive to put our good energy in action to bring families together support the environment and local wildlife and to create learning opportunities that empower the next generation.
Here’s what you can expect from us:
When you’re a part of our team you’ll see how we bring good energy to all that we do. At Irving Oil we strive for a work environment where each of us feels we belong can bring our whole selves to work and where we treat our fellow employees with kindness and respect. Together we will support our corporate strategy high standards and the communities where we live and work. Our collaborative approach safety-first culture and commitment to building resilient teams helps reinforce our internal brand position where People Matter. That’s why we’re dedicated to investing in our employees’ potential so that they can reach their career goals.
What you can expect in a typical day:
As a Collector with Irving Oil you will identify and manage credit risk for commercial accounts within a specific portfolio. You will balance both inbound and outbound contacts with commercial customers and will work with them to manage repayment plans and accept and process payments. Preparing accounts for placement with third party collection and sending daily notifications to customers as appropriate are all part of this role’s responsibilities.
What we offer:
Competitive salary bonus and pension plan
- Flexible benefits including a Health Spending Account
- Hybrid Work Opportunity – flexible work model that supports a blend of in-office and remote
- Wellness support including annual wellness allowance and paid personal care days
- Paid vacation and vacation purchasing
- Personal and professional development opportunities
- Named one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers for six consecutive years
Your roles and responsibilities:
- Notify customers of account delinquency
- Manage customer repayment plans and accept/process payments
- Contact customers via telephone email fax.
- Account Maintenance (as required)
- Ability to calculate finance charges and communicate effectively.
- Continuous Improvement Mindset
- Prepare accounts for placement with 3rd party collections – legal or agency
- Identify and manage risk within collection portfolio
- Prioritize calls based on objective criteria
- Participate in projects and/or team initiatives as required
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with strong attention to detail.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong analytical thinking skills with continuous improvement mindset.
- Financial risk management skills.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to work towards fixed deadlines.
- Very good communication skills both oral and written.
- Ability to handle objections and adversity.
- Effective collaborator and a team player.
- Travel is not a requirement for this role.
Education and experience
- Post-secondary education in Business Administration Accounting or Finance.
- 3+ years of experience with collections; experience collecting on commercial accounts preferred.
- Solid knowledge of MS applications: Word and Excel especially.
- Sales experience an asset.
- Professional credit designation such as CCP (Certified Credit Professional) an asset.
- Bilingualism an asset: French and English.
Irving Oil supports a diverse and inclusive work environment and welcomes applications from all qualified applicants.
Job Requirements – Work Experience
Job Requirements – Education
Saint John NB