Job Responsibilities : Claims Specialist
Salary : $56,501 – $98,500 a year
Company : Liberty Mutual Insurance
Location : Remote US
Educational requirements : Graduate
The Claims Specialist works within a Claims Team using the latest technology to manage an assigned caseload of routine to moderately complex claims from the investigation of the claim through resolution. This includes making decisions about liability/compensability evaluating losses and negotiating settlements. The role interacts with claimants policyholders appraisers attorneys and other third parties throughout the claim’s management process. The position offers training developed with an emphasis on enhancing skills needed to help provide exceptional service to our customers.
Litigation experience preferred
- Manages an inventory of claims to evaluate compensability/liability.
- Establishes action plan based on case facts best practices protocols regulatory issues and available resources.
- Plans and conducts investigations of claims to confirm coverage and to determine liability compensability and damages.
- Assesses policy coverage for submitted claims and notifies the insured of any issues; determines and establishes reserve requirements adjusting reserves as necessary during the processing of the claim refers claims to the subrogation group or Special Investigations Unit as appropriate.
- Assesses actual damages associated with claims and conducts negotiations within assigned authority limits to settle claims.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Proven interpersonal analytical and negotiation abilities required.
- Ability to provide information in a clear concise manner ability to build effective relationships.
- Bachelor`s degree or equivalent in addition to 1-year claims handling experience. Knowledge of legal liability insurance coverage and medical terminology preferred.
- Licensing may be required in some states.
At Liberty Mutual our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That’s why we provide an environment focused on openness inclusion trust and respect. Here you’ll discover our expansive range of roles and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a “Great Place to Work” by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the “100 Best Places to Work in IT” on IDG’s Insider Pro and Computerworld’s 2020 list. For many years running we have been named by Forbes as one of America’s Best Employers for Women and one of America’s Best Employers for New Graduates—as well as one of America’s Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work integrity and commitment to make things better and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race color national origin sex sexual orientation gender identity religion age disability veteran’s status pregnancy genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal state or local law.