Job Responsibilities : Sales & Reservations Agent (Part Time)
Salary : $13 an hour
Company : U-Haul
Location : Remote US
Educational requirements : High School
1900 S Decatur Blvd Las Vegas Nevada 89102 United States of America
If you are self-motivated and enjoy a fast-paced environment with the opportunity to perform and sharpen your skills in customer sales and support a job as a U-Haul Sales and Reservations Agent may be for you. Get right to work helping customers in your first week as part of our comprehensive initial education program. Learn and grow as you participate in weekly coaching and on-going education. Hourly base of $13 plus discretionary sales bonus – the potential to earn $17-20 per hour! This is a part-time work from home position with a variety of scheduling options to fit most needs. Perfect for High School and College students as a summer or year-round job.
Sales and Reservations Agents take back-to-back incoming calls from customers who need help with U-Haul products and services. Primary duties include:
- Serving customers with quoting rental rates and earning new business through sales and cross-selling.
- Providing support to customers with existing business – making changes to reservations answering general questions helping customers with concerns and taking storage payments.
Sales and Reservations Team Members …
- Provide superb customer service.
- Learn and sell the benefits of doing business with U-Haul.
- Master required scripts and customer advisements.
- Use good time management practices.
- Work well with others and are a team player.
This job might be for you if:
- You enjoy helping people and problem-solving.
- You like a fast pace and enjoy staying busy every day.
- You enjoy working closely with your Manager and receiving coaching on how to be even more successful.
- You are comfortable learning and using multiple computer programs.
- You are comfortable with sales and cross-selling products and services.
U-Haul offers its Sales and Reservations Agents:
- The pay for this position will be: $13.00 per hour plus discretionary sales bonus.
- Work from home Contact Center career paths available.
- Opportunity for base pay merit increases based on performance.
- Part-time benefits include: Medical Reimbursement Indemnity Plan Rx Savings Plus Discount Plan Dental Plan Vision Plan Retirement Savings 401(k) Plan.
- Must be 16 years of age or older.
- Positive upbeat self-motivated with a “can-do” attitude.
- Proficient keyboarding and computer skills.
- Ability to navigate and use multiple computer programs at once.
- Excellent verbal communication and listening skills.
- Clear speaking voice.
- General knowledge of U.S. geography.
- Willingness to incorporate feedback to constantly improve performance.
- You must have a quiet private work area.
- Ability to meet all technical requirements.
- Fast-paced hands-on initial education.
- Mix of instructor-led classes and e-Learning through our very own U-Haul University.
- Learn and begin performing some of your job duties with customers the first week.
- Build on your skill set through continuous coaching and education.
- Total number of hours scheduled each week will be based on business need.
- Available to work between 4AM – 5PM. (MST).
- Work at least one weekend day per week for at least one six (6) hour shift. Working two is preferred.
- Working holidays is required. We are open and customers need our help.
The following is required to work from home:
- You must have a quiet private work area.
- Dependent and child-care arrangements must be made as if you were working in-person at a U-Haul facility.
- All work duties including initial education must be performed at your home address.
- If you want to switch or substitute computers at any time Manager approval is required.
A wireless or USB headset with a microphone .
If wireless is determined to cause technical difficulty a USB headset will be required.
Web cam for use during education and for interacting with your Manager ( not for use with customers).
Minimum Internet speed requirements: 10MB down / 5MB up.
Check your Internet speed at speedtestcustom.com . Click dropdown menu below GO button and choose a Phoenix AZ server.
Windows 10 OS is required.
Minimum RAM requirements: 8GB of RAM or greater.
Windows OS processor requirement: CPU (aka processor) score of 2000 or greater.
To find processor name – right click on Windows logo (lower left corner home screen) and select ‘System’.
Go to this website . Type name of your processor in the space provided (do not copy/paste).
The number in the first column is the CPU mark (this is your CPU or processor score).
Should have the following Web Browsers installed: Internet Explorer Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge (Google Chrome is preferred).
A secure Wi-Fi connection owned/managed by the team member is permitted but a hard-wired connection is preferred. NO public or open networks allowed. Complex password and strong encryption (WPA2 only) required. Default router admin password must be changed. If Wi-Fi is determined to cause technical difficulty a hard-wired connection will be required.
Anti-Virus and (PCI) standards. Payment Card Industry (PCI) requires you install and use the Company provided anti-virus software and have no other anti-virus software installed/in use on your computer while conducting education or working.
Company programs must be installed on your computer as required to do business. Diagnostic information is collected related to PCI and technical requirements. No other information is collected. Download and installation of any Company program/software should always occur while clocked-in and being paid.
Technical difficulties associated with the team member computer or ISP such as malware virus hardware failure CPU usage ISP connectivity or speed or unidentifiable cause are the responsibility of the team member to correct in a timely manner in order to continue employment.
The following is not permitted due to compatibility performance security or other concerns:
MAC Operating Systems
Mobile hot-spot tethering satellite Internet or similar.
Using a Proxy server or third-party network.
Compute stick or similar device.
Rental rent-to-own or public computer/laptop.
Working in a public place or using public Internet.
Unsecure Wi-Fi / Wi-Fi not managed by the Team Member.
Running non-work-related programs while working.
Having any other anti-virus installed/in use on your computer while working other than the Company provided anti-virus.
U-Haul is an equal opportunity employer. All applications for employment will be considered without regard to race color religion sex national origin physical or mental disability veteran status or any other basis protected by applicable federal provincial state or local law. Individual accommodations are available on requests for applicants taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Information obtained during this process will only be shared on a need to know basis.
AMERCO and its family of companies including U-Haul have strived to create a culture of health and wellness. As of February 1 2020 and consistent with applicable state law no AMERCO or U-Haul company will hire individuals in states where it may lawfully decline to hire individuals who use nicotine products. (Alabama Alaska Arizona Arkansas Delaware Florida Georgia Hawaii Idaho Iowa Kansas Maryland Massachusetts Michigan Nebraska Pennsylvania Texas Utah Vermont Virginia and Washington). This policy will not apply to team members hired before February 1 2020.
U-Haul is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race color religion sex national origin physical or mental disability veteran status or any other basis protected by applicable federal provincial state or local law. Individual accommodations are available on requests for applicants taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Information obtained during this process will only be shared on a need to know basis.