Job Responsibilities : Human Resource Assistant 2
Salary : $41,917 – $63,179 a year
Company : Commonwealth of PA
Location : Remote US
Join the HR team with the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania! We are looking for a Human Resource Assistant 2 to work in the Human Resources Office at the South Mountain Restoration Center under the Health and Human Services Human Resource Delivery Center (HHSHRDC) Division of Field Operations. This position reports to the Field Human Resources Officer and is responsible for performing technical human resources work in support of the Human Resources Office and the labor relations (LR) program at the only 24/7 Restoration Center. You will support facility labor relations activity and assist the HR Director with other HR duties to support the overall Center operations. If you have an interest in working with people and have a strong customer service focus apply today!
In this position you will support the HR Director in various labor relation functions; compile analyze and review information from reports statements etc.; support discipline administration; research records and policy; develop summaries of findings and recommendations; liaision with the union and respective department heads.
Interested in learning more? Additional details regarding this position can be found in the position description.
Work Schedule and Additional Information:
- Full-time employment.
- Work hours are 8:00 am to 4:00 pm Monday – Friday with 30-minute lunch.
- Telework: You may have the opportunity to work from home (telework) part-time. In order to telework you must have a securely configured high-speed internet connection. If you are unable to telework you will have the option to report to the headquarters office in South Mountain PA.
- Salary: In some cases the starting salary may be non-negotiable.
- You will receive further communication regarding this position via email. Check your email including spam/junk folders for these notices.
In compliance with Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) requirements if you are selected for this position you must show at the time of hire verification that you have received either a single-dose COVID-19 vaccination or both doses of a two-dose COVID-19 vaccination unless you are exempt from receiving a COVID-19 vaccination due to an ADA or religious accommodation. If you fail or refuse to show the required verification at the time of hire and you have not received an exemption from the CMS vaccination requirements your employment will be terminated.
Minimum Experience and Training Requirements:
- One year of experience as a Human Resource Assistant 1; or
- Two years of clerical or other comparable experience one year of which involved performance of limited technical duties in the field of human resource work; or
- An equivalent combination of experience and training.
- You must meet the PA residency requirement. For more information on ways to meet PA residency requirements follow the link and click on Residency.
- You must be able to perform essential job functions.
How to Apply:
- Resumes cover letters and similar documents will not be reviewed and the information contained therein will not be considered for the purposes of determining your eligibility for the position. Information to support your eligibility for the position must be provided on the application (i.e. relevant detailed experience/education).
- If you are claiming education in your answers to the supplemental application questions you must attach a copy of your college transcripts for your claim to be accepted toward meeting the minimum requirements. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable.
- Your application must be submitted by the posting closing date. Late applications and other required materials will not be accepted
- Failure to comply with the above application requirements may eliminate you from consideration for this position.
- Pennsylvania law (51 Pa. C.S. §7103) provides employment preference for qualified veterans for appointment to many state and local government jobs. To learn more about employment preferences for veterans go to www.employment.pa.gov/Additional%20Info/Pages/default.aspx and click the Veterans’ Preference tab or contact us at email@example.com.
Telecommunications Relay Service (TRS):
- 711 (hearing and speech disabilities or other individuals).
The Commonwealth is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. The Commonwealth values inclusion as we seek to recruit develop and retain the most qualified people to serve the citizens of Pennsylvania. The Commonwealth does not discriminate on the basis of race color religious creed ancestry union membership age gender sexual orientation gender identity or expression national origin AIDS or HIV status disability or any other categories protected by applicable federal or state law. All diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Completing the application including all supplemental questions serves as your exam for this position. No additional exam is required at a test center (also referred to as a written exam).
- Your score is based on the detailed information you provide on your application and in response to the supplemental questions.
- Your score is valid for this specific posting only.
- You must provide complete and accurate information or:
- your score may be lower than deserved.
- you may be disqualified.
- You may only apply/test once for this posting.
- Your results will be provided via email.
Learn more about our Total Rewards by watching this short video!
Health & Wellness
We offer multiple health plans so our employees can choose what works best for themselves and their families. Our comprehensive benefits package includes health coverage vision dental and wellness programs.*
Compensation & Financial Planning
We invest in our employees by providing competitive wages and encouraging financial wellness by offering multiple ways to save money and ensure peace of mind including multiple retirement and investment plan options.
We know there’s more to life than just work! Our generous paid leave benefits include paid vacation paid sick leave six weeks of paid parental leave military leave and paid time off for most major U.S. holidays as well as flexible work schedules and work-from-home opportunities.*
Values and Culture
We believe in the work we do and provide continual opportunities for our employees to grow and contribute to the greater good. As one of the largest employers in the state we provide opportunities for internal mobility professional development and the opportunity to give back by participating in workplace charitable giving.
Sometimes it is the little “extras” that make a big difference. Our employees receive special employee-only discounts and rates on a variety of services and memberships.
For more information on all of these Total Rewards benefits please visit www.employment.pa.gov and click on the benefits box.
- Eligibility rules apply.