Job Responsibilities : Human Resources Internships – Summer 2023 (Remote)
Salary : $24 an hour
Company : Home Depot / THD
Location : Remote US
Educational requirements : High School
The Home Depot’s Summer Internship program offers college students an opportunity to develop leadership skills and gain hands on experience in a corporate environment. During an 11 – week period from May 15 – July 28 2023 interns will be assigned to a functional team such as Supply Chain Marketing e-commerce Technology Finance Operations Merchandising Outside Sales & Services Human Resources etc. Interns will learn more about our retail business and our corporate offices while having the opportunity to work on a pre-assigned project that impacts the function they are supporting. Additionally interns participate in networking and development activities that set them up for success as they build their careers.
Description of the major/subject area
As part of the 11-week summer internship program interns will have the opportunity to work on value-add business projects have assigned managers teams and mentors learn from the executive leadership team during mentoring sessions present to leadership on their project and network with other Home Depot interns and associates through various social and business networking events. HR interns can work on projects that help us develop an engaged workforce support talent attraction and recruiting objectives and update systems and processes.
Major Tasks Responsibilities & Key Accountabilities:
Use strategic thinking to approach problems and create solutions
Responsible for the accuracy and quality of work performed
Develop and implement project plans; determine requirements deliverables resources timing/milestones and risks
Communicate findings and project status clearly and professionally through presentations
Make recommendations to upper management
Provide comprehensive report-out to senior leaders on assignments and other related projects
Partner cross-functionally to achieve goals
Nature and Scope:
- Typically reports to a Manager or Senior Manager
- No direct reports
Environmental Job Requirements:
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
- Must be eighteen years of age or older.
- Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
- The knowledge skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a high school diploma and/or GED.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 0 years
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Students currently enrolled seeking a degree in Human Resources
- Proficient in Excel and Powerpoint
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Prior internship experience
- 3.5 GPA or higher
Knowledge Skills Abilities and Competencies:
- Ability to communicate issues and recommend solutions in a timely manner.