Job Responsibilities : Evaluator- Teachers College
Salary : $27 per hour
Company : Western Governors University
Location : Remote US
Educational requirements : Graduate
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- The Evaluator is a member of WGU’s faculty. The Evaluator is a subject-matter expert and professional individual contributor with level knowledge within associated specialization/discipline.
- Evaluators apply their own subject matter expertise and experience utilizing a rubric created by program and assessment development faculty and applied consistent with WGU, Evaluation Department and team policies and procedures. The Evaluator crafts personalized, robust feedback to support accurate scoring of student responses and in furtherance of student progress.
- Work plans and schedules for Evaluators are broadly defined and require the Evaluator to develop specific work plans and schedules to provide accurate and fair evaluations, with helpful (robust & personalized) feedback. Evaluators cooperate within and between teams to meet the department’s commitment to students for a quick evaluation as defined by university leadership.
- An Evaluator may be asked to contribute to the development of functional and organizational content, practices, and objectives to achieve goals in creative and effective ways. Such contributions may involve working with other functions within the Evaluation Department and/or with other departments.
- High performing, experienced Evaluator’s coach/mentor team members and assist colleagues.
- The Evaluator’s work is situational and complex, requiring analysis and evaluation of student responses to assessment task prompts to achieve a secure, valid, and reliable determination of competencies for degree programs.
- The Evaluator applies university, department and team policies and procedures in scoring work and crafting helpful, robust, and personalized feedback to support students in developing competency and progressing with their degree program.
- On occasion, an experienced Evaluator may be called upon to create and implement methods to improve student success and evaluation processes.
- The Evaluators work is critical to each student’s experience and success at WGU.
- The Evaluator works individually and collectively, as part of a content-specific team, to meet individual, team, and department objectives to be accurate, fair, helpful and quick in an environment that is a great place to work.
- The Evaluator works effectively and reports worktime accurately, to be good stewards of the student’s tuition dollars.
- The Evaluator may be called on to resolve student concerns or address student inquires.
Knowledge, Skill and Abilities:
- Subject matter expertise and appropriate advanced degree(s)/credential(s) relevant to evaluation content area.
- Work experience relevant to evaluation content area, strongly preferred.
- Strong understanding, acceptance, and adherence to the tenets of competency-based education and the split faculty model.
- Advanced strength in written and oral communication.
- Demonstrated ability to discern evidence of competency within student submissions, including unexpected forms of response.
- Demonstrated ability to use technology, adapt quickly to new processes and manage complex cognitive loads.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with colleagues to ensure validity and reliability of evaluation across multiple raters, including deferring to the guidance of the team, course lead or supervisor/manager.
- Demonstrated ability to properly identify and refer student submissions for escalated care including but not limited to professional communication (i.e., articulation), originality, excellence awards, support in opening student submissions, content assistance, technology support.
Organizational or Student Impact:
Problem Solving & Decision Making:
Leadership & Talent Management:
- Advanced degree and all applicable licenses or certifications.
- 3+ years of relevant professional experience.
- This role will serve as a demonstrated subject matter expert in job-relevant content or practice area.
View Full Description