Job Responsibilities : Manager, Operations – Health Care Operations
Salary : $71000 Per Year
Company : WorkSafeBC
Location : Remote CA
Educational requirements : Graduate
Job requisition number
Full-time / part-time
From 06/24/2022 to 07/24/2022
Do you enjoy managing multiple projects and being challenged to find creative and innovative solutions to operational issues? We’re expanding our team in Health Care Operations. In this exciting role as the Operations Manager you’ll provide guidance and leadership that ensures the delivery of high quality client-focused service and value to all of our internal and external stakeholders.
As the Operations Manager reporting to the Senior Manager Finance and Health Care Operations you’ll assist the Health Care Operations leadership team with information analysis and participate in policy development and lead business planning activities. You’ll use your strong analytical skills to improve business processes by identifying potential improvements and opportunities. In addition you’ll lead and manage a team of staff that provides services to providers and injured workers by ensuring contracts negotiated with health care providers are operationalized effectively and efficiently. You’ll create a supportive and healthy working environment by promoting teamwork and providing support and leadership.
If you’d like to manage a team who strives to deliver excellent service to injured workers and health care providers across the province we’d like to hear from you.
WorkSafeBC has adopted a hybrid model offering opportunities to work remotely and onsite based on the operational needs of the position.
What you’ll do
As Manager Operations in the Health Care Operations Department you’ll:
- Be a people manager – Hiring and orienting employees assigning work to health care operations support staff to maintain optimum service levels and mentoring and coaching employees in career development
- Manage daily operations including leading and participating in the planning implementation and administration of departmental work activities
- Provide leadership advice guidance and direction on policies business plans and operational matters
- Collect and analyze information to identify financial and administrative problems and develop alternatives that result in business process improvement
- Balance operational efficiency customer service and financial controls
Is this a good fit for you?
We’re looking for someone who can:
- Proactively identify issues use a systematic approach in collecting and analyzing information generate options and recommend solutions
- Clearly articulate ideas and present and summarize information appropriate to the intended audience using excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Create a supportive work environment by ensuring effective communication and promoting teamwork and collaboration
- Manage formal meetings where competing interests exists to ensure mutual understanding and resolution of issues
- Build trusting and respectful relationships across the organization and with external stakeholders
- Take initiative provide leadership delegate and monitor work motivate and mentor others
- Find new and innovative ways to deliver outstanding service to our customers
- Work comfortably with data and business processes with demonstrated success in analyzing problems and finding opportunities
Your experience and educational background:
- An undergraduate degree in a related discipline
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in a leadership capacity:
- Collecting and analyzing data summarizing and presenting information and making recommendations to leadership
- Leading a large team of staff to deliver solutions
- Improving business processes
- Managing multiple concurrent projects
- Supervising and mentoring others
- Excellent writing and presentation skills
We’ll consider an equivalent combination of education and experience.
If you require an accommodation in the assessment process please email Recruitment Testing Accommodation (SM) at the time you submit your application.
Who are we?
At WorkSafeBC we’re dedicated to promoting safe and healthy workplaces across British Columbia. We partner with workers and employers to save lives and prevent injury disease and disability. When work-related injuries and diseases occur we provide compensation and support injured workers in their recovery rehabilitation and safe return to work. We also work diligently to sustain our workers compensation system for today and future generations. We’re honoured to serve the 2.4 million workers and 245000 registered employers in our province.
WorkSafeBC requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. In implementing the policy WorkSafeBC will consider its obligations to accommodate those staff who are unable to be vaccinated.
We recognize that our ability to make a difference relies on building a team with a rich variety of skills knowledge backgrounds abilities and experiences and which reflects the diversity of the people we serve. We are committed to fostering a welcoming inclusive and supportive work culture where everyone can contribute as their best authentic self. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply.
What’s it like to work at WorkSafeBC?
It’s challenging stimulating and hugely rewarding. Our positions offer tremendous diversity and excellent opportunities for professional growth. Every day the work we do impacts people and changes lives. What we do is important and so are the people we do it for.
Being part of WorkSafeBC means being part of a strong committed team. Along with a competitive salary your total compensation package may include vacation optional leave arrangements health care and dental benefits and contributions toward your retirement pension. We also offer continuous learning opportunities leadership development programs and tuition reimbursement to make your career at WorkSafeBC rewarding. As a member of our team you’ll have access to services and benefits that can help you get the most out of work — and life.
We’ve adopted a hybrid model offering opportunities to work remotely within BC and onsite based on the operational needs of the position.
Learn more about what we offer.
This position is restricted to those legally entitled to work in Canada.
Thank you in advance for applying.