Job Responsibilities : Junior Graphic Designer – Remote AZ
Salary : $62100 per year
Company : Grand Canyon Education
Location : Remote US
Educational requirements : Graduate
Grand Canyon Education (GCE) is an educational service company that provides an array of support services in the post-secondary education sector. Formerly part of Grand Canyon University (GCU) GCE still supports and works closely with GCU. GCE designs and develops educational programs for GCU and other traditional campus institutions as well as online partner institutions at the undergraduate graduate and doctoral levels.
Are you someone with an artistic vison looking to work with other like-minded creatives in a fast paced fun and positive environment? If so the GCE junior graphic designer position may be the perfect fit for you. You’ll collaborate with our design team on developing new concepts and revitalizing branding and collateral for a variety of educational institutions. So bring your creative vision and become a part of our team! Portfolio required for consideration
This entry-level position will be responsible for developing creative solutions for various forms of print collateral (brochures fliers posters presentations etc.) advertising (including billboards and print ads) apparel and promotional items. May also assist in the development of digital collateral including e-mail headers banner and display ads. This position uses graphic design technology and computer software to produce designs and layouts and provides print-ready files for production.
This is an Arizona-based remote position that will support a team based in the Phoenix area and will collaborate with colleagues in Indiana and across the U.S.
What You Will Do:
- Develop the layout and production design for all marketing collateral requested by GCE clients.
- Responsible for determining size and arrangement of illustrative material and copy and selecting appropriate style and size of type while adhering to client brand and print standards.
- Meet with internal client marketing team to get final approval for designs.
- Prepare notes and instructions for print production which may include color specification folds bleeds and other print production instructions.
- Perform administrative duties including deadline management proper organization and archiving of files completion of job logs and adherence to processes.
- Stay current with design trends technology and emerging design practices.
What You Will Have:
- Basic understanding of art direction typography layout composition color theory and information design.
- The ability to work independently on several projects at one time and remain flexible through multiple revisions while keeping a keen attention to detail.
- Ability to think creatively to produce stunning visual marketing concepts and collateral.
- Must be able to build and maintain relationships with a variety of personality and cultural backgrounds.
- Ability to successfully work in a high volume fast paced environment and be able to adapt to constantly shifting deadlines and priorities.
- Working knowledge of printing processes.
- Proficiency with Mac platform and tools: Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign Photoshop Illustrator Acrobat) and Microsoft Office (Word PowerPoint Excel)
- Experience using Workamajig project management platform a plus.
- 2-year degree in art related field.
- A combination of experience and education may be substituted upon supervisor’s approval.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in marketing or communications preferably supporting multiple internal or external clients in a high traffic design environment if no degree.
- Must have portfolio of work examples in a variety of medium (printed materials advertisements graphics multimedia etc.) which illustrates variety of layout and designs.
At Grand Canyon Education it is our privilege to serve students and those who support academic advancement. We lead educational transformation by developing superior ways to help schools grow and prosper. We provide transparent programs intuitive online learning technologies and well-established academic models that promote student success and institutional growth.