Job Responsibilities : Graphic Designer
Salary : 21 per Hour
Company : Gannett
Location : Remote US
Our current portfolio of media assets includes USA TODAY local media organizations in 46 states in the U.S. and Newsquest a wholly owned subsidiary operating in the United Kingdom with more than 120 local news media brands. Gannett also owns the digital marketing services companies ReachLocal Inc. UpCurve Inc. and WordStream Inc. which are marketed under the LOCALiQ brand and runs the largest media-owned events business in the U.S. USA TODAY NETWORK Ventures.
To connect with us visit www.gannett.com.
Ventures Endurance a division of Gannett/USA Today Network is looking to hire a graphic designer to join our marketing team and work on close to 100 live and virtual endurance events including road races obstacle course events and cycling. The ideal candidate has experience in print and digital production shows an exceptional eye for detail and works well within a team. Must be highly organized detail-oriented and able to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Design and maintain seasonal refreshes of our race websites graphics banner ads and print collateral
- Collaborate with team to push creative forward and develop new online shopping experiences on our multiple Shopify sites
- Get creative with new adaptations of our digital mobile billboards jumbotron graphics and banner ads
- Design marketing email campaigns using existing templates while exploring the creation of new templates
- Support social media team with custom videos and content encoded for Instagram Facebook and YouTube
- Lead in photographing merchandise and editing for race campaigns and online store
- Research current trends in creative and digital marketing to stay on par with the market
- Support with various projects for Live Events including maps bibs digital assets large format signage and more
- HTML and CSS is a plus but not required
- Illustration is a plus but not required
3+ years of experience in print and production design
Degree in Graphic Design or a related field
Expertise in the Adobe Creative Suite
Portfolio of work demonstrating relevant experience
Skilled in typography and experience working within a tight set of standards
Comfortable accepting and addressing feedback and flexible in accommodating fast and frequent changes
Highly self-motivated comfortable with ambiguity and able to navigate project complexities independently
Efficient detail-oriented and precise
Gannett Co. Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer committed to building and maintaining a diverse workforce. As such we will consider all qualified applicants for employment and do not discriminate in connection with employment decisions on the basis of an applicant or employee’s race color national origin ethnicity ancestry citizenship status sex gender gender identity gender expression religion age marital status personal appearance (including height and weight) sexual orientation family responsibilities physical or mental disability medical condition pregnancy status (including childbirth breastfeeding or related medical conditions) education genetic characteristics or information political affiliation military or veteran status or other classifications protected by applicable federal state and local laws in the jurisdictions where Gannett employs employees. In addition Gannett Co. Inc. will provide applicants who require a reasonable accommodation as a result of an applicant’s disability or religion to complete this employment application and/or any other process in connection with an individuals’ application for employment with Gannett Co. Inc. Applicants who require such accommodation should contact Gannett Co. Inc.’s Recruitment Department at Recruit@gannett.com.