Job Responsibilities : Graphic Design Associate
Salary : $14 an hour
Company : Creative Reaction Lab
Location : Remote US
Associates also lend support to the daily needs and greater goals of the organization. Each Associate receives one-on-one mentoring and preparation for the next step in their career. While a personal laptop will be useful for your work, we do have laptops available for use on-site for the duration of the Associateship. For those seeking academic credit, the necessary documents must be supplied prior to the start of the Associateship term.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
DIGITAL AND PRINT DESIGN:
- Support the design of Creative Reaction Lab’s branding and marketing collateral. This includes, but is not limited to: flyers, brochures, posters, postcards, stickers, merchandise, and social media posts.
- Lead editorial design of Creative Reaction Lab’s materials.
- Provide support with the design of the newsletters in collaboration with the Content and Design team.
- Collaboratively design promotional and event materials for key events and youth programming, including the Artwork For Equity Program, Community Design Apprenticeship Program, REFRESH: Redesigning Education for Racial Equity and Social Healing, Seeds of Power Fellowship Program, and Youth Creative Leadership Fund promotions.
- Design Creative Reaction Lab’s Curriculum Development and Learning and Education content. This includes, but is not limited to: worksheets, workbooks, instruction sheets, and field guides.
- Support the ongoing development and implementation of Creative Reaction Lab’s digital strategies, including: branding and marketing; outreach and recruitment strategy; and communications strategy.
- Conduct and analyze market research and/or research to support and inform Creative Reaction Lab’s design strategy.
- Conduct and analyze audience testing and/or usability testing to support and inform Creative Reaction Lab’s design strategy.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience in graphic design/visual communications.
- The ability to work on Mac and PC platforms with standard office applications/programs.
- Fluency with Adobe Creative Suite. Additional design software competency is a plus.
- Experience using Google Suite products (Gmail, Docs, Sheets, Slides, Forms) and Microsoft Office Suite products (Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Experience with any of the following products and platforms are a bonus: Basecamp, Squarespace, SurveyMonkey, LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Tik Tok, and Instagram
How to Apply
Send the following to , President and CEO, at firstname.lastname@example.org (and include Graphic Design Associate in the subject line):
- Resume and/or LinkedIn Profile
- Design Portfolio
- Cover Letter and/or Video (max 3 minutes; does not need to be professionally produced) answering the questions “Why does racial and ethnic equity matter to me?” and “Why do I believe youth are the equity leaders we need?”
- 1-2 professional references