Job Responsibilities : Senior Graphic Designer
Salary : $58000 Pe Year
Company : Wawanesa Insurance
Location : Remote CA
Date: Jun 21 2022
Location: Winnipeg MB CA R3C-3P1
Company: Wawanesa Insurance
We’re proud to give our employees the flexibility to choose how and where they want to work. In this role you will decide whether your preference is to work from home (remote) work from the office or a hybrid of time spent at both; however you must live near the work site/territory and able to travel by ground as much as necessary.
The Wawanesa Mutual Insurance Company founded in 1896 is Canada’s largest mutual insurer with $3.9 billion in annual revenue and assets of $10.5 billion. Wawanesa Mutual with executive offices in Winnipeg is the parent company of Wawanesa General which offers property and casualty insurance in California and Oregon; Wawanesa Life which provides life insurance products and services throughout Canada; and Western Financial Group which distributes personal and business insurance across Western Canada. With more than 5700 employees Wawanesa proudly serves more than two million policyholders in Canada and the United States. Wawanesa is thrilled to be named one of Canada’s Best Employers by Forbes for 2022. This certification recognizes us as a leading employer and reinforces that we’re a company that values our people for who they are and the work they do to support our customers communities and brokers. Wawanesa is also a Manitoba Top Employer for 2022 recognizing that we are an exceptional place to work. Wawanesa actively gives back to organizations that strengthen communities where it operates donating well above internationally recognized benchmarks for excellence in corporate philanthropy.
We are currently looking for dedicated driven and enthusiastic individuals who thrive in an environment that welcomes change and are looking for an opportunity for diverse experience and advancement on a growing team.
The Senior Graphic Designer is responsible for supporting the design needs of the enterprise possessing an advanced skillset required to build and maintain both digital and print files. They develop and design materials that visually represent complex ideas in a simple yet compelling way for marketing campaigns internal communications events corporate materials and other initiatives as needed. This person is a team player who collaborates with the Marketing team to bring consistent high-quality creative to each new project translating their vision into multiple mediums. They are a skilled multi-tasker who is detail-oriented organized and focused on timelines. The Senior Graphic Designer is an expert in their craft with a passion for print and digital media typography composition and branding.
- Develop design rationale/concepts for various projects that support the business such as product launches marketing campaigns and internal initiatives
- Work closely with the Marketing team to execute design of print and digital assets for creative campaigns spanning multiple channels and audiences (i.e. brokers members and employees)
- Design materials for broker member and community facing events
- Design and oversee the technical production needs for corporate and promotional materials ensuring brand consistency throughout
- Manage digital assets and implement style guidelines for both print and web ensuring version control and proper licensing
- Create high-quality work that respects brand consistency
- Collaborate and work closely with external print digital and design vendors
- Liaise with internal clients act as a representative of the Marketing team when working with other departments
- Help to manage intake of incoming project requests and prepare daily priority lists
- Regularly track and update status of work in-flight to ensure effective team communication
- Provide additional design and brand support as needed
- 7+ years of experience in print and digital design in an in-house creative department or creative agency
- Degree or diploma in graphic design fine arts or related experience
- Adept at creating design concepts from creative briefs with a focus on brand alignment
- Experience working within creative teams; strong collaboration and communication skills; service-focused
- Strong command of visual design capabilities including composition layout information hierarchy typography and colour
- Skilled at designing developing and maintaining technical documents for print and digital mediums
- Experience across multiple mediums such as digital video print social platforms etc.
- A team player with a collaborative mindset: exceptionally detail orientated organized and focused on timelines
- Advanced technical proficiency Adobe Creative Cloud specifically InDesign Illustrator and Photoshop
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office 365 specifically Word Excel PowerPoint and SharePoint
- Knowledge of user interface and user experience design; experience with creating wireframes
- Empathetic and diplomatic: a critical thinker displaying strong judgment in evaluation of circumstances; comfortable with managing a large volume of work and tight deadlines
- Strong presentation skills; able to convey design rationale to the larger team and clients open to feedback
- Experience with photography illustration and motion graphics considered an asset
- Proficiency with HTML CSS and mobile/responsive web design; strong adherence to web standards considered an
Wawanesa provides its employees with a respectful challenging and rewarding environment where they can maximize their potential while contributing to the company’s goals. Our full-time permanent employees are provided with highly competitive compensation packages (salaries generous vacation allowance leave top up annual bonus plan premium free benefits and a pension plan). Wawanesa provides a stable environment for its employees in today’s challenging markets.
Wawanesa is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to fostering a diverse workforce that is equitable and inclusive for all. Wawanesa provides equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to an individual’s protected status: race/ethnicity colour religion creed sex or gender sexual orientation gender identity or expression family or marital status pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions national origin disability military or veteran status or any other protected status. Accommodations are available upon request throughout all aspects of the selection process. Candidates requiring accommodations may contact in confidence firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are interested in this exciting challenging position with Wawanesa apply today with your Resume.